Your pick for New $300 a pair bookshelf speakers

timsclips

Looking at spending $300 for a new set of bookshelf speakers for a gift. They will be powered by a mid level Denon home theater receiver for now pulling both tv and music duty.
Looking for recommendations on new speakers that can be ordered online and shipped to an address.

Vote #2 for the Uni-Fi UB5

I have the Debut 6.2 and love them. The UB5 are "better".

My vote is for KEF Q150s - currently on sale for $300 on Amazon. These are actually in another price range at around $500 normally, unlike some of the other recommendations (FWIW). What Hi-Fi? rated them as a best buy in their normal price category. I have the Q100s and they sound awesome for either price.

https://www.amazon.com/KEF-Q150-Boo...43717664&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=kef+q150&psc=1

If you miss the sale, my Q100s need a new home.

Last edited:
Reactions: 0Hz
For $300, you should be able to get used speakers from the $1,000 - $1,500 original MSRP range in (near) perfect condition with factory boxes, packing materials, etc.

And guess what they'll be worth if and when your friend wants to upgrade or otherwise dispose of them? Yup, $300.

The ONLY speaker to be suggested twice - just sayin'. :rolleyes:
Oops, I totally missed your previous post about them! Well, they are really sweet speakers, 'specially for the $$.
If you do decide to go used, you could also get a used set of Polk LSi7s; I wouldn't go any higher in that line, as I wouldn't dare driving them on any AVR, but the 7s are a fairly easy impedance. This line was Polk's TOTL from the early 2000s to early 2010s.

Oops, I totally missed your previous post about them! Well, they are really sweet speakers, 'specially for the $$.
If you do decide to go used, you could also get a used set of Polk LSi7s; I wouldn't go any higher in that line, as I wouldn't dare driving them on any AVR, but the 7s are a fairly easy impedance. This line was Polk's TOTL from the early 2000s to early 2010s.
No "Oops" needed - just stating for the OP that the S20s are pretty good and were recommended twice. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom