Your recommendations please

fleurdecrap

I've sent my Carver M1.0t and C1 away for inspection/repair and I'd like to hear some ideas for a good CD player and speakers. Currently I have a low end Magnavox CD changer and Wharfedale speakers, model of speakers unknown. I'm open to upgrading all. I was looking at Yamaha, spending between 300 and 400 for the CD player or changer.

Also I have some Monster Cable from 1985 or so, how to test for conductivity? I have a basic meter but little knowledge, I'm counting on you guys to steer this boat. One last item, connectors for the wiring and patch cables. Or just solder up the ends and stick 'em in?

Don't hold back. And for cultural connections I'm into mostly classical and some jazz and currently an interst developing in Folk and Country. Bipolar does have its advantages. :rockon: But the extreme tinnitus is from Johnny Winter, The Who, Steppenwolf, Alvin Lee........................LET 'er RIP!!!!!!!!!!!

If Yamaha is your "poison", I had a Yamaha CDX-530 CD Player for a while - very nice player, good sound for rock (my personal preference) and jazz. It is one of the players based on a "old school" PCM 61 Burr Brown 18bit DAC. Similar CD, but with headphone volume, is CDX-730.
Sold mine on eBay because I have two other player based on the same chip.

Back
Top Bottom