Your semi-auto handgun caliber of choice?

There's quite a few guns chambered in .380 including several recent Ruger models, the LCP and LC380, that one just came out. .380 is hit and miss as far as availability, but I think that is because the ammo makers, when demand is high, focus more on the best sellers like 9mm, .40, .45 and stuff like that because those sell a lot better than .380 so it gets put on the back burner, but, there is a decent market for .380.

Said it before, & I'll say it again...If you EVER run across a S&W Model 41, & you DON'T buy it, you are missing out on possibly the GREATEST handgun EVER...Sell yr wife,yr kids, yr Sx-1980, but GET that gun.. You can chase a Tin Can all over a Ploughed Field w/one of these, possibly even able to Call yr Shots.. They're THAT good...

Said it before, & I'll say it again...If you EVER run across a S&W Model 41, & you DON'T buy it, you are missing out on possibly the GREATEST handgun EVER...Sell yr wife,yr kids, yr Sx-1980, but GET that gun.. You can chase a Tin Can all over a Ploughed Field w/one of these, possibly even able to Call yr Shots.. They're THAT good...

Sandy, having read your mentioning of the Model 41 twice I just did a little learnin about em. Sounds like a true classic. Would love to own one, but unless I discover some unexpected moolah, I can't afford one. Wife is gettin old (60), and while she is priceless to me, doubt I could get much for her. The ol' gal ain't what she used to be, but in some ways is much more. Dammit, wanna trade fer you 41?

That being the case, heres a few of the home defense weapons.
IMG_3207_zps5c84698f.jpg

Sweet! Hey, I have a Norinco SKS-D (takes AK mags), and a few AK's too, and one or two other things...:D

IMG_0420_zpsa2fb5a0d.jpg

Rifles and shotguns from left to right

Mossberg 500 (8 shot)
Inland M1 .30 Carbine
Ruger K10/22-22
Ruger 10/22 Carbine

From top to bottom

1891 Argentine Mauser
Remington 870 Wingmaster 16 gauge
Remington 870 Wingmaster 12 gauge (waiting for ordered 18.5" barrel and +2 mag extension)
Egyptian Maadi AK-47
Norinco MAK-90 AK-47
Norinco SKS-D Paratrooper
AR15 "mutt", various manufacturers, lower built by me, upper bought complete. Have on order a DSA flat top stripped upper.

Handguns, going clock wise

Star Firestar 9mm
Star Model 30 9mm
Ruger P94 .40
Ruger SR9c 9mm
Ruger SR9 9mm

And a random Chinese AK-47 75rnd drum magazine.

Man I'm glad I live in AZ...w00t!

870 extension tube

89 Grand, When you get your 2 round extension be prepared to grind or file the little pushed in stop at the end of the original mag tube. The little tab that holds the magazine spring retainer when you unscrew the mag cap will block the follower from going past into the extension tube.
I got the 3 round one and love it.

Love em all, but not enough of a masochist to reload a 25ACP.

Got one of the first Glock 19 that didn't go to a PD. Thought it was a fad and I wanted one before they disappeared. Oh well. Then I thought I would just ware it out. Bought 115RN & 147TC from a caster by the gallon milk jug(cheaper without boxes), yea I know the lands are small and Glock says no cast. I hardly wore the coating on the outside of the barrel before I gave up. Before I changed from Mexican carry to a holster on the farm I ran over my Model 30 (45ACP shorty) on the gravel with a full sized John Deere. Didn't hurt it or the CTC laser grips, just a few gouges.

FA 454 Casul with a scope in TSOB mount Ain't bad either:yes:

My Wingmaster doesn't have those tabs in the magazine tube because mine is real old, a later 60's vintage. They added that later, but I'm not sure in what year.

I read about those tabs, then found out mine didn't have them. I guess it isn't that hard to remove if you did have to.

Thanks for the heads up though.

SIG 229 (.40) most fun to shoot

Then my SIG 380 because it is just easier to carry along with my Beretta .380

Surprisingly, .380 is readily available in my neck of the woods. It seems like a few years ago it was gone. I'm not sure about too many new pistols being chambered in it, but there must be people buying the ammo or it wouldn't be stocked so well.

sorry should have been more clear. The designation or use of the term .380ACP is what has almost disappeared from use. Not the actual cartridge. Sometimes I type to fast.

Last edited:
sorry should have been more clear. The designation or use of the term .380ACP is what has almost disappeared from use. Not the actual cartride. Sometimes I type to fast.

We could be all European like and call it 9mm Kurz instead...

Lately I’ve really started to appreciate the .45 ACP round. A close friend bought a Springfield XDs .45 and asked me to help him put 200 rounds thru it before performing at trigger tweak. What a sweet little gun. For it’s size it is very actuate and bits half as much at my Ruger LCP 380. I purchased one before leaving the range that day. As a long time fan of the 1911 and it’s “Knock Down Power” the XDs is welcome addition to my small collection of CCW weapons.

Attachments

• gallery-xds10.jpg
    gallery-xds10.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 16
Well, since nobody has brought up .357SIG, I will. :D

Quite a Sig guy here.

EDC is a P229 SAS Gen2 in .357SIG, wearing it as I type this.

Good enough for the Air Marshals and Secret Service.

Summer carry is a little P238 .380ACP. Hands down, the best shooting pocket pistol there is - it's mostly a mini 1911. The new P938 9mm is on my short list for next summer.

I do also have my eye on the new P227 .45ACP double stack, but it's just out at this year's Shot Show, so it will be a while before it settles in on price and availability.

DA/SA Sig, short bar internal extractor, .45ACP, 10+1 rds. Standard (shown) and carry length - also SAS Gen2 (melt) with Short/SRT trigger coming (next photo). What's not to love? I could do without the rail.

IMG_9376-1024x682.jpg

P227 SAS Gen2

227-SAS-Detail-Hero.jpg

Have a lovely 1989 W. German, Triple Serial, Stamped Steel Slide P226 9mm that is a great shooter. Picked up an SP2022 9mm last October for a pack gun/truck gun. Something I don't mind if it gets knocked around.

Love my Springer 1911 .45 just never felt the urge to carry it. What can I say, I like my DA/SA Sigs.

My favorite caliber Sig though is the 7.62x51 716 Patrol Rifle. :D

That being the case, heres a few of the home defense weapons.
IMG_3207_zps5c84698f.jpg

home defense? where do you live? in white house? :D nice rifles.

for me, it's 9mm for everyday shootin' purely b/c of price, and 40s&w for any other purpose. i'm very happy with xd40, and looking to add xd9 in my safe.

Summer carry is a little P238 .380ACP. Hands down, the best shooting pocket pistol there is - it's mostly a mini 1911.

I like the P238, it's basically a facelifted Colt Mustang Pocketlite. I love my Mustang, very easy to pocket and very nice to shoot.

The convenience factor alone make my p238 a daily carry. It's just so much easier to just slip the gun and holster into the pocket and go.

.32 auto...Hardly kicks, not annoyingly loud, and 71 grain HP's will stop pretty much anything :yes:

Back
Top Bottom