Your (Tape) System In Lights

Des_Lab

So let's see your systems...preferably with the tape decks (as that's this forum as well as what mine is built around) in lights. Surely we've all at one time or another turned off the main lighting to view just the constellation of lights that comprise our systems. Normally, I don't have more than three or four components running at a time. But for these pictures (and when I feel the need), I turned everything on at the same time.

Here are two pictures of Des Lab (the system and not the user). One shows everything turned on with the room lamps providing light and the other in otherwise pitch darkness. Let's see yours.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
DL-The system isn't the only place to find small lights

Des_Lab_TLS_Bright.JPG

Des_Lab_TLS_Dark.JPG

:drool::drool::drool:

I love lights like that. Sadly the only lights on my system are the ones that light up the tuner strip in my receiver. Nice looking system by the way. :thmbsp:

"Only problem.....it's black".

Now ya know that saying that just about anywhere else can land you in a heap of trouble, right? :D

And who says we are closed minded here? But then again, we are the black sheep of the world these days anyway. At least as far as audio goes. And besides, aren't you a little old to be afraid of the dark? And finally, isn't showing some color often perceived as a sign of good health?

Seriously though. Although they can be a b*tch to take good pictures of, I've always had a preference for the black components. Besides, I know that one day, they'll be back in vogue again. Silver just never did much for me.

DL-Black Saturday

Thanks guys. Glad I'm not the only one that likes my system.

Now please explain to me what is going on with that lamp shade and that componet (presumably a receiver) laying on its side at the far right of the picture? And so you want my system? Well I plan to keep it for awhile. But who knows....currently I have no direct next of kin (no children and no brothers or sisters) to pass it on to. But one of my first cousins has a whole lotta kids. Maybe one day they might want it. If not, then you can consider yourself first in line. I'll also keep you in mind in the (highly unlikely) event I ever decide I don't want it anymore.

DL-What was my wife saying about getting off 'those' pills?

Now ya know that saying that just about anywhere else can land you in a heap of trouble, right? :D

DL-Black Saturday

I knew I should have said.... but it's not silver!!!! :stupid:

Thanks guys. Glad I'm not the only one that likes my system.

Now please explain to me what is going on with that lamp shade and that componet (presumably a receiver) laying on its side at the far right of the picture? And so you want my system? Well I plan to keep it for awhile. But who knows....currently I have no direct next of kin (no children and no brothers or sisters) to pass it on to. But one of my first cousins has a whole lotta kids. Maybe one day they might want it. If not, then you can consider yourself first in line. I'll also keep you in mind in the (highly unlikely) event I ever decide I don't want it anymore.

DL-What was my wife saying about getting off 'those' pills?

Lamp shade:
IDK. It needs to go back on that shadeless lamp sometime....I never use it...
RECEIVER: Pioneer SX-780, yes, Cullen, you are right. I use it as a phono pre, because my TT is to the right of the Pioneer right now...

Des, I am HONORED. I know that I would probably NEVER be able to afford even one of the TEACs.

Sorry my system is not static so if you want to see it at night you will have to view the video

http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h217/UJ78/The Shrine/?action=view&current=9a23d61e.flv

A couple units have been swapped around but you will get the idea

I now have a new goal to work twords. :drool: Although I think my laser light show is cooler than your's because it changes colors with the music too. :D other than that I have nothing on that. I don't even have a meter that moves.

I have lots of equipment, but nothing is really interesting to look at all together. I do however like looking at the glowing tubes in the Luxman CD player I have. While listenning the glowing tubes make me all fuzzy inside. :p

Last edited:
And rather than start a whole new thread, here's what I think might be a nice follow up: all of my Teac reel to reel decks lined up in a row. I decided today to haul out the three not-in-active-service decks to do a quick runup. I do this about every three months or so to keep them in tip-top running condition. And I figured that since I had them out, why not take a quick picture? All came through just fine, although it looks like one of the X-2000R's can use a tension adjustment as well as a reel table alignment. Nothing serious and nothing that a couple of turns of the screwdriver can't fix.

DL-And now my arms are sore

Des_Lab_R2R_Deck_Collection.JPG

And rather than start a whole new thread, here's what I think might be a nice follow up: all of my Teac reel to reel decks lined up in a row. I decided today to haul out the three not-in-active-service decks to do a quick runup. I do this about every three months or so to keep them in tip-top running condition. And I figured that since I had them out, why not take a quick picture? All came through just fine, although it looks like one of the X-2000R's can use a tension adjustment as well as a reel table alignment. Nothing serious and nothing that a couple of turns of the screwdriver can't fix.

DL-And now my arms are sore

Des_Lab_R2R_Deck_Collection.JPG

ummmm....:banana::drool::music::thmbsp::yes:

How I envy you.

taping100806.jpg

best I can do without dragging out a camera...
Doing a little analog domain CD archiving (for backup use only, of course).

Wow Mr. Hardy,
We used those Tascam 4 track reel to reels in college. It was fun punching in and out 4 tracks while recording. What is the model number on those things anyway?

Seems rather mundane after seeing Mark W.'s fantastic video, but here's my system 'in the dark'. One of the lights in my Yamaha A-10 amp is burned out but what the hell, the audio works fine.

Attachments

• Picture-031a600.jpg
    Picture-031a600.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 27
Back
Top Bottom