YouTube TV - A Not Bad Cord Cut Solution

+48V

hi-fi or die
YouTube TV, now expanded to 29 markets, offers a good selection of "cable" stations, sports programming, a la carte add-ons and local stations. I trialed it a couple weeks ago and liked it pretty well. Even though I'm well covered antenna and streaming wise, I went ahead and let my trial lapse into a paid month for $35 in order to take advantage of their promotional giveaway-- a complimentary Chromecast.
:)

About 54 channels (some markets still have local "Live" restrictions and are on-demand only due to local cable operator contracts) with decent variety with unlimited DVR storage. Download programs and keep up to 9 months.

Here's the lineup for my market:

-- ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, PBS
-- ESPN-1&2-News-U, SEC, FS1&2, Fox Southeast, Fox Carolinas, BTN,
-- CBSSN, GOLF, Olympics, Tennis Network,
-- Disney, Disney Jr., Disney XD, Sprout,
-- AMC, BBC America, Freeform, FX, FXX, FXM, IFC, Sundance,
-- USA, NatGeo, NatGeo Wild, SyFy,
-- Bravo, E, Oxygen, WE, Esquire
-- BBC World News, Fox News, MSNBC, CNBC, Fox Business,
-- Universo, Chiller
-- Showtime available as add-on

Not bad for $35/mo.
:bigok:

Actually, that does look pretty good. I need BTN and ESPN for CFB games I want to watch, and other shows that I have watched fall into AMC and FX territory.

I assume there's some sort of access to YouTube itself. I have Apple TV and watch old What's My Line shows that have been uploaded to YouTube. They also have many sports replays and documentaries and the like.

Looks very similar to my DirecTV NOW $35 service. Got in on the ground floor (aka Beta tester) so I get the $60 for $35 plus they are giving me HBO free. Although I really only watch about 5 channels it is a price point I can live with. The traditional cable bundle is rapidly dying. Bout time IMO

Back
Top Bottom