Youtube video of tuner alignment for 500C.

roberts67

Volts Vinyl Tubes
Ok, I see people asking about how to adjust tuners all the time in various parts of Audiokarma. The answer is almost always send it out, you cannot do it yourself. Many of us here are DIYers and would pick up the basic tools to do it if we had some guidance on how to do this. I am not looking to get in the tuner alignment business, I am just looking to advance my skills as a hobbyist. This appears to be a dying art and somebody has to carry the torch! Maybe the following would help a bunch of us:

1. Someone could make a Youtube video showing the tools it takes to do an alignment and the basic procedure.

2. Someone make a thread with pictures and instructions on tuner alignment. Different people could make the info on specific models. I know a couple of us would love to be able to learn how to align our 500C/800C's. A few pictures and some basic instructions on where to start would go a long way to helping us figure this out! The instructions in the service manual are pretty cryptic.

What do you think? Peace. Robert

Hello!

Ok, I officially give up on learning tuner alignment. I will quite beating this dead horse. I found someone in town who will align it for $50. Peace. Robert

The test equipment needed costs a great deal of money. It also must be in current calibration to boot. Which is also money. The Fisher mentioned is very difficult to align unless you have a superb RF technician working on it. Ratio Detectors as used by Fisher are hard to align as is their German MPX section. Easily made worse by those who don't know how. No attitude intended, I just don't recommend DIY alignment on one of these classics without proper training and top notch instruments maintained and calibrated well.

Back
Top Bottom