Z-5000x

Rick B.

Listen to music.
Hello all, my first post.

I see Fred is the moderator and that's cool.

Fred I saw your system on another site and all I can say is, WOW!

I have a question regarding a Z-5000X receiver I have. Be honest is this thing any good? Mine has issues and is in need of repair. Is it worth bothering with or should I just junk it and move on?

Thanks

Rick

It's not worth much but those kinda decisions are personal ones....

And.... no Fred hasn't been the moderator for some time in the Sansui echo, that would be Morden2004.......

Rick B. said:
Hello all, my first post.

I see Fred is the moderator and that's cool.

Fred I saw your system on another site and all I can say is, WOW!

I have a question regarding a Z-5000X receiver I have. Be honest is this thing any good? Mine has issues and is in need of repair. Is it worth bothering with or should I just junk it and move on?

Thanks

Rick

Fred? Fred? Is he back? :D

I'm the moderator of this forum now. As for your Z-5000X, it is not one of Sansui's better efforts but if it can be repaired for a reasonable amount (e.g. < $30) then go ahead. These sell for about $30 on eBay.

Paul

I had one that I bought new. It has the super feedforward curuit.
70 WPC at .007 THD. Build quality is bad, but it sounds very nice. Real Neutral
sounding. Not a lot of bass, but very clean. I agree, if it can be repaired cheep, do it. Whats the problem with it?

Rob

Check this. Probably to bad to see. Oh well, I tried.

Rob

Attachments

• AdSansuiZReceiverse.jpg
    AdSansuiZReceiverse.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 38
Check this. Probably to bad to see. Oh well, I tried.

Yep, mine is one of the ones on the right.

As to whats wrong with it, the left channel is out and the display is screwed up.

You would be better off getting one cheap off e-bay. There is a Z-7000X on E-bay right now. Or you could go with a G-7000 or 8080DB. The disply issue could be a bad connection or a chip.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom