Zenith 12V AC Power Supply

deeezy

OK, I know this is a long shot, and I wasn't sure where to post this as there is no radio forum unfortunately, but I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find this power adapter for the Royal 3000-1 Zenith Transoceanic Transistor radio. I recently picked this radio up for a steal at an estate sale, but it did not include the external power supply, which apparently was optional. I can run it on batteries, but D cell batteries were a hell of a lot cheaper when this radio was made than they are now (it takes 9 of them). The part number is S-64352, and I can't use just any 12V power supply as the jack is very unique. If anyone knows a workable substitute, that would be great as well. Thanks in advance, any suggestions are appreciated (however, if you suggest that I just quit listening to shortwave radio every night, I will ignore you.)

Saw a picture of one on eBay closed sale. To me the plug on the power supply looks like a mini plug with a much wider gap between the tip and the sleeve.

Last edited:
The radio is in the shop right now, and I still have to figure out how to upload pictures on this site. I surprised by the Ebay info, as I have looked on Ebay and come up with nothing. Thanks, though, I'll try to post some pics when I get the radio back.

Have the guy in the shop wire in a standard modern jack for power. Thrift stores have those wall warts for a buck or so.

Hmmm, I don't know if he does that kind of work, or if so, how much it would cost. I was hoping somebody had one laying around or something (you never know). I'll talk to him about it, though.

Back
Top Bottom