zenith mht-15

91fastback

hey guys, long story short a lady was going to throw this beauty out but i grabbed it. says the production date is 8/8/61 mht-15. any info on this guy? everything seems to work perfectly and its in amazing condition. any clue what these are going for if i was to sell it?

Attachments

• 20141110_191909.jpg
    20141110_191909.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 20141110_191916.jpg
    20141110_191916.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 46
Beautiful unit there. Value is in the amplifier, they are separate units in that console. A couple different amps possible in there, series filament, single end, or maybe (doubtful) push pull amp. Snap a picture of the innards and you'll get more info. The amp will wind up on Ebay, the console in a dumpster somewhere. I'd keep it and use/admire it myself.

Hmm, looks like the Cobra tonearm / headshell but no eyes? I was made in 1961 too, but I bet that sounds way better than me. :music:

What is the tube line-up in the amp? I would guess that it has a pair of EL84s/6BQ5s, a 5Y3GT, and a 12AX7. Most of the time, the EL84/6BQ5 tubes were Amperex-brand made in Holland (fantastic tubes). I've had quite a few of those Zeniths and they sound great.

hey guys, long story short a lady was going to throw this beauty out but i grabbed it. says the production date is 8/8/61 mht-15. any info on this guy? everything seems to work perfectly and its in amazing condition. any clue what these are going for if i was to sell it?
Hello. I had a 1962 version. But it had a black and white TV in it also. It sounded very good. 10inch alnico woofers and 3.5 inch cone tweeters. As I grew up I canniblized it for audio speaker building experiments. I took out the tuner and amp for a future project. It never happened. Yes I finally threw the amp and tuner in the trash before I knew any better. I kick my self for that. The turn table always had issues. On a bright side, I used the walnut wood from the cabinet to make a new enclosure for a Pioneer SX 550 receiver. I hate that I scrapped the amp and tuner. I hope you enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom