Zenith Switched to War Production in April of 1942 here is what they switched too.

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
This is Wireless Set 19 which was used by Canadian, British, and Russian forces, but not the United States. Zenith was one of the companies that built this transceiver. They are still in operation today mostly on 80 meters, they are a CW, AM phone rig.

gb-wireless-set19.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, I had a little try out of one of those once, (late 1960's) I seem to remember the separate PSU's were quite a lot rarer.

Nice picture - brought back memories. ;)

Interesting bi-lingual markings. Looks very military, 529 controls and no concern for ease of use. It'll do anything, but you best have read the telephone book sized manual before hand otherwise theres no chance you'll work it out.

If you know the basics for operating such radios it is easier then it looks. The trouble is locating the expected controls. If you have no such experience it can get bewildering.

It may be intimidating, but I wouldn't mind a bit having a PRETTY one like that..

One word eBay, and less the $300 bucks :yes: and there a several power supplies

I have not checked but I'll bet it uses Loctal tubes like the Post war Trans-Oceanic 8G005Y.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom