Zenith three hole phono connector to anything else?

drwecki

Hi All,

I'm working on a Zenith 4G21 stereo console amplifier/receiver from a 1962 Stereophonic. It has 2 6BQ5/EL84 output tubes. One preamp tube and a rectifier tube. It has a circular 3 holed (3 jacks) input that receives the input from the tube radio (that currently is not working). The tube radio receives input from the phono that is also not working (and passes it to the stereo reciever).

So this is the input plug (see picture). I just want to hook up any RCA source to it to see how it sounds. I have other record players and devices I can plug into it, but I don't really know what to do with this plug to continue testing this beast.

I tried searching other posts but I don't even know what this plug is, so with other posts I don't know if I'm on the right track.

Any advice for how to input sound into this plug?

Greatly appreciated

Sorry if this has been covered, but I want to be 100% sure before I solder anything else :)

pretty fair bet, and a quick look underneath would confirm. If this were mine, and you weren't going to keep it all original using stock connectors, I'd just convert this to RCA plugs mounted right on the back.

Not knowing anything about this, make sure its got a power transformer and isn't a hot chassis type set before you do such a thing though.

Yup the middle goes to the ground and the left and right go to white and red wires. I will definitely add RCAs and it definitely has a power transformer (I just replaced a bad one on it). Thanks for the quick responses...

Back
Top Bottom