Zenith Transoceanic r7000-1 portable 11 band reciever

Wow, good luck! I just wish there were more stations to listen to. I have a long wire antenna running across some pine trees as an aerial for my Lowe HF-150 but the number of stations I catch has been steadily declining. Maybe I need a better antenna.

Wow, good luck! I just wish there were more stations to listen to. I have a long wire antenna running across some pine trees as an aerial for my Lowe HF-150 but the number of stations I catch has been steadily declining. Maybe I need a better antenna.

No,you problally dont need a better antennna as the number of s/w broadcasters have signed off for good.:sigh:

Your mentioned you had a lowe hf 150 i use to drool ove thoses lowes back in the day and wanted one but a drake r8 came along so ibought it.

This model of Zenith Trans-Oceanic you are looking at buying was the last of the series. Very scarce and desirable radios being the last of the line.

Congratulations to your new to you Trans-Oceanic.

Unfortunately as others have mentioned, the number of SW broadcasters has declined.

But, the better your antenna, the better your chance to be able to receive the remaining stations.

The Royal 7000 is not that scarce they made them for something like 15 years. They are unique in that they where the only Transoceanic made with a BFO. A very nice radio the solid state Royal line the 1000, 3000, and 7000 as for as I am concerned are the best of the Marque. I have several of the older vacuum tube model the 500, and 600 series great radios but where not as portable and the Transoceanic Royal series.

I should point even though the made a lot of the Royal line radios they where not considered collectors items, as much they are today so finding any of them in good condition is a real find. What is interesting is it is easier to repair the older vacuum tube Transoceanic then the solid state models.

Last edited:
thanks everyone for the comments but something came up and i was not able to purchase it yet.hopefully its still available by the end of the month and ill treat myself to a nice bday present :)

fwiw heres a few pics of the one im hoping to get...

$(KGrHqFHJDkFHoK4kJ(ZBSC-ElrJcQ~~48_20.JPG

$T2eC16hHJH0FG2!3sRbWBSC-ERG,L!~~48_20.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!lQFH4BMi(Y2BSC-E87tOw~~48_20.JPG

$T2eC16V,!zQE9s3ssV-3BSC-E+bTw!~~48_20.JPG

Last edited:
I can VAGUELY remember a T/O my dad had..I THINK it was the 1st transistor T/O from '58...Maybe it was the 3000 from '61, though, 'cause my dad LOVED FM...

Back
Top Bottom