Zenith Tubes in this Console?

62sunbeam

Raconteur
It seems everyone I know now knows of my quest for a little tube setup for my office and how I'd be willing to take that knackered old console off their hands if it has in it what I'm looking for.

One friend sent me pics of this setup and they say that while the console is a little battered this is what's inside. From what I've found online it's a tube setup but what I'd like to know is if the amp section in it is worth the trouble.

Again any thoughts suggestions and info are appreciated.

Thanks

Eric

IMG_1115.jpg

Now that's the type amplifier that has the funky volume/balance controls I was talking about in another post. I have that exact same tuner, but my amplifier has one more control than the one you have pictured. I am not sure about that particular amp so I'll venture to guess that it has singled ended 6BQ5 outputs. Love that pop-up 45 adaptor. I would go for it!

Now that's the type amplifier that has the funky volume/balance controls I was talking about in another post. I have that exact same tuner, but my amplifier has one more control than the one you have pictured.

Now I see what you were talkin about century :thmbsp:

Make sure before you buy it.....this one looks more like the transition model that had a tube tuner and solid state amplifier, or it could be the one with the hot chassis and funky 50v output tubes.

i believe this is a "hybrid" model. utilizing a tube tuner with a solid state amplifier. the turntable style denotes that. you will need to pull the back off of it to verify.
one other thing to mention is that the tuner in this particular model uses some really oddball, hard to find tubes.

Yes, it looks hybrid to me. Early 2 gram tracking Micro-Touch changer. Stereo indeed. Most likely tube tuner and SS amplifier or hot chassis model with 50V output tubes.

Back
Top Bottom