Zerodust vs Magic Eraser

Magic Eraser vs Zerodust (or Equivalent) vs Liquids

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
People arent using it to clean audio components. But as a stylus cleaner.

Regards
Mister Pig
I think someone did mention using it on other things, but anyway, though I haven't used either one, I understand that they are at least slightly abrasive, so I would not use it on a stylus.

As a matter of fact, I would not use anything that is somewhat solid like those products, not even an artist's kneaded eraser that I have heard some say they use, too much risk of damaging the cantilever
or stylus itself.

For stylus cleaning, I only use a soft camel hairs artists brush, brushing from back to forward after every six songs. For any debris caked on the stylus, I just moisten the brush with distilled water and clean
as usual. It does an excellent job.

I think someone did mention using it on other things, but anyway, though I haven't used either one, I understand that they are at least slightly abrasive, so I would not use it on a stylus.

As a matter of fact, I would not use anything that is somewhat solid like those products, not even an artist's kneaded eraser that I have heard some say they use, too much risk of damaging the cantilever
or stylus itself.

For stylus cleaning, I only use a soft camel hairs artists brush, brushing from back to forward after every six songs. For any debris caked on the stylus, I just moisten the brush with distilled water and clean
as usual. It does an excellent job.
That is your safest bet for sure.....I spent a considerable amount of time researching on line regarding ME and moongel.....I saw nothing that really dissuaded me from their use....I find with the moongel I feel most comfortable just slightly dabbing the top of the stylus ever so lightlh.....maybe after every two records....I brush with stylus brush after every side.....99.9 % of the posters seem to be comfortable with thier method......the only horror stories I read about are folks snagging thier srylus' with cloth or damage them with stylus guards....

Back
Top Bottom