Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker

Just follow the schematic since it is already corrected (reverse polarity) for the LE14. Compare to the schematic in post # 16867 where the woofer has "normal" polarity and is not reversed.

I plan on building a couple Z19 crossovers. I think I will use fiberglass to mount the components to but was wondering what hve people used to secure the components to the board?? Silicon?

I'd like to simulate the Advent Econowave, does anyone have or can point me to .frd and .zma
files for the D220Ti on the PH612?

I seem to recall simulation going on back during the development.

I'd like to simulate the Advent Econowave, does anyone have or can point me to .frd and .zma

I was looking for these for Altec horns but don't seem to be any out there

DANG! I just got a pair of OLAs and have the HF Econowave section to go into them. I don't have the curves, but you have built these, or at least contributed to their development. IF you design a more accurate crossover (not that the first one wasn't) keep us posted. This conversion is one of the best out there because of the deep bass and smooth cross to the horn

Did Altec 'do' constant directivity waveguide horns?
Yes. https://greatplainsaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/VOTT.1983.pdf

The answer is in this. At least the .zma . http://techtalk.parts-express.com/forum/tech-talk-forum/34467-flex-your-pcd-mettle

I started a pair of e-wave "podules" to contain the upper range driver, horn, and crossover, to have input terminals and bass output terminals, but haven't finished yet.
The crossovers went into a pair of Advent 2 Econowaves.

Longtime lurker. Would love to build a new Econowave and would like to finally get off my butt and do it. What is the recommended woofer for someone that doesn’t have older speakers to repurpose? It doesn’t appear that those bigger QSC waveguides are still available. Recommendations? Thanks for your help.

Longtime lurker. Would love to build a new Econowave and would like to finally get off my butt and do it. What is the recommended woofer for someone that doesn’t have older speakers to repurpose? It doesn’t appear that those bigger QSC waveguides are still available. Recommendations? Thanks for your help.

Build either the Econowave Standard or the Deluxe ( if you source the 152i waveguide or a clone ).

This surplus horn ( click the pic for the link ) is close-enough to the original QSC.

Details are all in the following thread ( click the pic );

:)

It doesn’t appear that those bigger QSC waveguides are still available. Recommendations?
I second EarlK on the use of the closeout waves.
I started a pair of e-wave "podules" to contain the upper range driver, horn, and crossover, to have input terminals and bass output terminals, but haven't finished yet.
Something like this? These were made using the closeout waves.

Attachments

• WavesDone (10).JPG
    WavesDone (10).JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom