Zimbo`s sytem in progress

So very nice. I would love to hear the Altec inspired speakers. I really enjoyed my time spent in Germany from !967 to 1969. Got to travel across some of Europe while I
was serving in the U.S. Army. Loved their beer!! My roommate had Sansui equipment. All I had was a big old Grundig I brought back to the States with me. Lightning ended
it's life horribly!

Very well done sir, very well done.
Everyones goal should be a system and listening area that is as good looking as it sounds.

Oh man, I am glad I entered your topic. What a beautiful room you have. Not mentioning filled with a fantastic gear. Kudos to you... :) Keep it up.

Hi,

I haven't been on AK much recently, so here are some photos of my current system.....

an overwiew...

The "main" system includes:

active two-way horn speakers with TAD TD-4001 and TL-1601B in a DIY enclosure with arround 190 liters volume.

driven by a Trinnov Amethyst preamp including the active crossover, DSP and so on....

for power amplifying a Rotel RMB-1066 6 channel amplifier, bridged to 4 channel, is used.

Mainly used source is the record player. This is a DIY deck using some Micro Seiki parts, tonearms from TW-acustic and Ortofon and some carts from my collection....

the phono preamps are a clearaudio basic+ and a tube phono of Innovative Audio, called "phonomoped MK2b" :D

on the other side......
the "second" system for listening on the computer workplace...

speakers are Musikelectronic Geithain ME-100, main source apple macMini, also used for main system as Roon core (Trinnov Amethyst as "endpoint")....

Amplifier is a Bryston B-100SST including DAC and phono.

the two record players are an old Sony TTS-3000 with Thomas Schick 12" arm and a newer Technics SL-1500C

both record players are connected to the internal phono section of the Bryston amp by using a Fidelity research FRT-4

The Bryston amp is also connected to the Trinnov preamp over its record out outputs, so I can use all record players in the main system.

best regards from Germany
Sascha

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom