Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekends

@TooMany45s Did Gerrit happen to mention any potential ship dates?
I didn't ask about ship dates but it's my understanding that some of the orders from the last batch are shipping out, and they will all be out the door by 12/20. I ordered mine pretty late in the process(11/2) so I figure I'll be close to the end of the line.

@TooMany45s Maybe I missed your post somewhere in this thread but just curious as to what finish you ordered your DW's with?

I went with the base option, the rustic hickory. It'll be my first full range driver and the most sensitive speaker I've owned. Looking forward to trying them out with tubes.

Just a heads up for anyone who ordered DW during the last sale after the Claritycaps had sold out - They have them back in stock, and I was able to add them to my speakers by speaking with Gerrit. The cost was $100.00 for the upgrade. They also have them available again in their DIY section for 80 plus shipping.

So this is the link on the Zu Audio website: https://www.zuaudio.com/diy/claritycap-mr-10f-400v-matched-pair

Other than knowing that I should want these, I'm not at all schooled on what these will do or how they work! Can someone explain? I just ordered a pair.

FYI
Just got shipping confirmation on my DW’s today. UPS delivery date for me is the 18th. Sure more of you will be getting similar notifications.

Last edited:
@kray If I'm reading your Sig right, you've got 2 pairs of DW's?

No. Sorry for confusion. I have two sets on speaker cables sitting behind my Zu’s. I switch between two amps whenever I feel like it.

Also just updated sig as I’ve changed a couple things.

No problem, figured you must have been impressed with the DW's if you had 2 pairs. I seem to be a speaker hoarder myself. Can't bring myself to sell any that I acquire. My wife has threatened divorce if I buy another one. But even that hasn't been able to stop me. :biggrin:

No problem, figured you must have been impressed with the DW's if you had 2 pairs. I seem to be a speaker hoarder myself. Can't bring myself to sell any that I acquire. My wife has threatened divorce if I buy another one. But even that hasn't been able to stop me. :biggrin:

LOL. I would hoard speakers if I could get away with it. Much easier to hoard amps with my wife not paying much attention :D

LOL. I would hoard speakers if I could get away with it. Much easier to hoard amps with my wife not paying much attention :D

I'll be rotating out my Polk SDA's & Klipsch KG4's for these DW's. They are a beautiful looking speaker in any finish. My better half will notice as soon as she walks in and then I'll have some serious 'splaining' to do. :whip:Probably be sleeping on the couch with the Italian Greyhounds for a while. Oh well. :rolleyes:

I'll be rotating out my Polk SDA's & Klipsch KG4's for these DW's. They are a beautiful looking speaker in any finish. My better half will notice as soon as she walks in and then I'll have some serious 'splaining' to do. :whip:Probably be sleeping on the couch with the Italian Greyhounds for a while. Oh well. :rolleyes:

:rflmao:

Back
Top Bottom