Vintage audio repair Kansas City area

turbocar959

I have a lot of gear that needs repaired. Mcintosh, Marantz, Sansui,Pioneer, mostly amps, but a few recievers,live in Kansas City Mo area. Does anybody have time to look at some of this gear, will ship it if needed, just would like to get some of the stuff going before I die and it's all in my estate sale, for pennies on the dollar. Thanks.

I don't know anyone in that area..:lmao::no:...:scratch2:..:lmao:

EW lives in that area..

Last edited:
I second the advice..."ECHOWARS"......lives very close and is a GURU on fixing/restoring vintage gear!!!

Bring it all to Twangfest, and sell it to us! No, seriously, come to TF on June fifth, about ten, eleven, whatever. See the events & happenings sub-forum. PM Jaymanaa for directions. I know how to get there too, or I can give you a lift, maybe?

Or, try the Electronic Center, just off Metcalf. I've had work done there, and it was done right.

Last edited:
I know the guys at The Electronic center off 80th and Metcalf. If you are heading south on Metcalf take a right on 80th it is right there on the south side. The Ownerers name is Stan he is a great guy. I have had all of my old turntables, receivers tuners and speakers worked on there. Fair price and they know what they are doing. I have also heard Echo wars knows a bunch on the mo side but have never met him but have only heard great things about him. When is the Twang fest I would like to check it out. If you go to OP Electronics tell Stan Ken reccomeded then also. Ken

Old thread, but wanted to add my endorsement for the Electronic Center in Overland Park (913.649.5000/www.kcstereorepair.com). They do very good work, they specialize in vintage equipment, they are good to deal with, and reasonably priced. Also, wanted to mention that in my experience, Vinyl Renaissance is expensive and NOT good to deal with. Of course, if you want a full restoration, EchoWars is the man in the KC region...but his wait list is usually pretty long.

I know the guys at The Electronic center off 80th and Metcalf. If you are heading south on Metcalf take a right on 80th it is right there on the south side. The Ownerers name is Stan he is a great guy. I have had all of my old turntables, receivers tuners and speakers worked on there. Fair price and they know what they are doing. I have also heard Echo wars knows a bunch on the mo side but have never met him but have only heard great things about him. When is the Twang fest I would like to check it out. If you go to OP Electronics tell Stan Ken reccomeded then also. Ken

They are working my my SX980, seem very knowledgable.

913-649-5000
7113 West 79th Street Overland Park KS

Hope to pick it up soon, I guess some of the LED's are not easy to come up with....

They are working my my SX980, seem very knowledgable.

913-649-5000
7113 West 79th Street Overland Park KS

Hope to pick it up soon, I guess some of the LED's are not easy to come up with....

Wasn't the LED's, forgot exactly what it was he said, just glad to have it back and excited to try it out, need to make some time -

V02.jpg

ADC SS-33 Equalizer (green LED version), still not sure I'm even able to use it, but it is here -
V03.jpg

V01.jpg

V04.jpg

Thanks everyone, this forum is a huge help

I have had Vinyl Renaissance work on stuff for me. In fact, they're fixing my SL-1200MK2 right now.

I would try Glenn (EchoWars) first. He has repaired the two vintage receivers you see in my signature as well as other things for me. He's a bad ass. He's very knowledgeable and meticulous with his work.

I'm sure the other guys could get it working too.

Good luck!

I've taken Kens advice and am giving K C Electronics Center a try. Just took in a newly acquired Sansui QR-6500 Quad for service. Spoke with Stan and seems one heck of a knowledgeable and NICE guy..... expecting GOOD things!

I've been to both locations for Vinyl Ren. Great album selections in the Shawnee store, not nearly as good at the 39th St store. Nice bunch of folks but each time I've spoken with them, very standoffish. Just couldn't get that warm and fuzzy feeling.

I anticipate the quad back within a few weeks, I'll let you know how it goes.

Note: Kens post had indicated EC is on 80th. Incorrect, actually on 79th St.

JD:smoke:

Turntable Vintage Stereo

I have a lot of gear that needs repaired. Mcintosh, Marantz, Sansui,Pioneer, mostly amps, but a few recievers,live in Kansas City Mo area. Does anybody have time to look at some of this gear, will ship it if needed, just would like to get some of the stuff going before I die and it's all in my estate sale, for pennies on the dollar. Thanks.

Yes I do Vintage Stereo repair ... Jim RObert 816 589 7213

I would personally avoid Vinyl Renaissance

I had nothing but trouble trying to get two simple 8" drivers refoamed as opposed to shipping them off as I usually do (thought I would spend locally)...they were rude, immature, it took a month, and it cost a fortune...no thanks.

79 street / 80 street confusion

Hey, guys we seem to be cunfusing 2 different shops here.
Electronic center is on 79 street. But on 80 street is Audio Center.I use Brian at audio center hes always done a very good job for me. He dont seem to have alot of following here but has been in the business since the 80s. Very knowledgable man. Electronic Center has a good rep. as far as I know. I just havent used him on anything but comes highly recamended.
I hope this clears up any confusion .We have 2 good shops within a .25 mile of each other.Thx,Eric

X2 on Vinyl Renaissance - if you try to sell a perfectly good LP there, the guy will look it over, point out some tiny flaw, and offer you less money. Scammers!

I don't care for Vinyl Renniance, they did my friends McIntosh C22 preamp and was crazy high on their "full boogie" rebuild and now the balance is backwards, left is right and right is left.

I suggest Echowars as his work is top notch and he is a perfectionist, a quick search on here will agree with this.

Back
Top Bottom