Mission Argonaut reviews please.

grillebilly

Empty Head
I have a chance to pick up a pair of Mission Argonaut speakers. The seller has told me they are height 27 3/4 inches, width 10 3/4 inches, and depth 12 inches. From earlier posts here, they look nothing like the monsters posted. All the info I can find is in the Orion Blue Book, they list only one model Argonaut made in the mid 80's costing $1900 a pair new. I can't believe these "small" speakers would run that much. I have a lot of speakers now and am getting these because of their reputation as a fine sounding unit.
Here are a couple pics of the ones I am looking at.

I would like some reviews.....how they sound mostly, but any other comments or info are welcome of course.

I don't trust random internet reviews much, the folks here seem to be much more knowledgeable.

Attachments

• speaker 1.jpg
    speaker 1.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 80
  • speaker2.jpg
    speaker2.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I would like some reviews.....how they sound mostly, but any other comments or info are welcome of course.

I don't trust random internet reviews much, the folks here seem to be much more knowledgeable.

Last edited:
Check out Wikepedia's detailed review of the Mission 770(Argonaut). Horn-loaded time-aligned tweeter. Veddy intarresting!

Check out Wikepedia's detailed review of the Mission 770(Argonaut). Horn-loaded time-aligned tweeter. Veddy intarresting!

I found that article on the 770. I am not sure if it the same speaker as the Argonaut. I found 3 versions of the 770, all made between 1980 and 1987.
The listing for the Argonaut was from 1986 to 1988.
The original list on the Argonaut was nearly twice the 770.
Thanks for your input. I guess they are rather rare.

Wow, very nice Missions there - I haven't seen or heard of those before! Interesting horn loaded tweeter too. If you don't mind me asking, is the price reasonable?

Anyone know of any other Missions with horns? I never knew Mission did horns...

Wow, very nice Missions there - I haven't seen or heard of those before! Interesting horn loaded tweeter too. If you don't mind me asking, is the price reasonable?

Anyone know of any other Missions with horns? I never knew Mission did horns...

I think they are reasonable- under $200.
There is very little info on the Argonaut.
There is some info on the Freedom series which also used a horn.
thanks for the input

Back
Top Bottom