Neets - Naval Electrical Engineering Training Series Online

Can't recommend it enough. Wish I knew what happened to my full hard copy set.. Lost over the years.

Made me look! Here's a link to FREE pdf files:

http://www.phy.davidson.edu/instrumentation/NEETS.htm

You can reprint them with the link above, just the tube section is OVER 200 pages though!

Free PDF's work just fine.. I picked up the original publications in the Navy while in BEE school. Used them religiously to study for advancment exams for the 10 years as an ET in the Navy.

Hey shipmate, same here, Had to do them as a prereq for biomed repair school. Taking a Hospital Corpsman and giving him a multimeter, pretty scary, but has blossomed into a heck of a Navy and civilian career. Those little manuals are essential for nubies.

Great, Will be downloading these. Good to have some reading material like this, nice to get an understanding of how my setup works. Especially good to learn about tubes, I quickly browsed chapter 6 to see if I should download them and in the first couple of minutes there were already the "Ohhhh, OK" noises. Excellent, thanks for the links.

Yeah I took that course in the Navy too. People don't believe me when I tell them that you'd have to get 100% correct on each module test or take the module over again. Thanx

Now all I need to do is find somewhere where I can print out about 5000 pages for free...

Thanks-I've been printing these off and taking the course in order. I just started volume five. I have tried reading a few books on electronics and none of them ever made much sense. I have not had any problems with these, and I have learned a ton thanks to these. Well worth the download-after all, your taxes paid for 'em!

Ahhhh.... good old NEETS modules. I used to have em all in print.

I was an AT ( Avionics Technician ) when I was in the Canoe Club. Those came in very handy for study while in A school and then later on for rating exams. Referred to them all the time.

My sons an ET in the NAVY right now wonder if he could pickup a copy for his old dad.

And for those of you could never guess it the NAVY still uses tubes. His first specialty was Radar and he said the transmitters and recievers were full of tubes. All stuff designed in the mid 1950's only the interface part is modern electronic's

And both of his ships are some of the newest we have. Tubes got no problems with EM pulse and the circuits are as good as they get so the NAVY has no reason to look for a change.

Dang, I'm reading this now and I'll read it lots. Lord willin' this'll prevent me from askin' simple questions and better prepare me for answerin' em' too! Thanks

Ahhhh.... good old NEETS modules. I used to have em all in print.

I was an AT ( Avionics Technician ) when I was in the Canoe Club. Those came in very handy for study while in A school and then later on for rating exams. Referred to them all the time.

I was an AT also! 90-94, worked in the com-sec vault at the AIMD level. I think I have that full series somewhere, I even got a small-arms series but didn't get a chance to finish them before I got out.

Back
Top Bottom