More Data, Less Wank. A Eulogy for Zilch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiredbecker

...jams ECONO!
Subscriber
It is with great sadness that I must inform everyone that Zilch passed away the morning of Friday February 4th due to complications from metastatic lung cancer. Know that his passing was swift and relatively painless and that he kept his sense of humor throughout the illness. When he could no longer post, I would read aloud updates from the Econowave and the “Where’s Zilch?” thread which brought tears to his eyes. He was extremely grateful for everyone’s thoughts and prayers.

Zilch and I worked on speakers every single weekend for past 3 years and during that time we grew to be great friends. Perhaps you have had a similar experience interacting with him here in AudioKarma’s Speaker forum or on any number of other audio related forums on the web. Zilch worked tirelessly providing data and support for all of our speaker projects but I learned about a lot more than speakers from him. When my wife left me, Zilch’s friendship kept me going. I miss my buddy so much.

Now that Zilch has left us, I’ve been charged with the task of keeping the Zilchlab legacy alive. We’ve registered the domain of www.zilchlab.org and www.econowave.com but regrettably I’ve not had a chance to get much done since he was diagnosed a few months back. That is going to change. Zilch is survived by the untiring spirit of DIY speaker building and the pursuit of accurate data. This is a "No BS Zone".

Godspeed my friend.

Last edited:
The audio world and Audiokarma are a little smaller, with Zilch's passing. He will be missed.

Rest in Peace.

Wow, that really sucks. Very sorry for his freinds and family. A terrible loss for AK. Very sad news.

I was so worried when you called the other day, sort of knowing this was the news. I was so bummed, because Evan and I had developed an online friendship. He was really a neat guy.

Life is just way too damn short.

A tremendous loss. I hope he is in a better place now. The knowledge he has shared here has brought me to new grounds on my system. The important part of that is how much more it is being enjoyed for music. God bless him and his family.

While Zilch's life and impact on AK shows that not everything can be quantified, were there a meter showing our collective sense of loss at his passing, it's pegged. RIP and Godspeed, Evan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom