Eico Cortina amp & tuner

truck

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Have an opportunity to pick up an Eico Cortina SA-3080 stereo amplifier & a matching ST-3020 tuner. They are very clean and sounded pretty good. Found 2 minor issues, scratchiness when adjusting the bass and some of the lettering missing above the power/speaker selector on the amp.

I don't see alot on this model with a google search. The metal cases are painted white and have schematics painted right on top of the case.

Anyone have experience with this make/model?

The Cortina is one of the latter-day Eicos, after they "jumped the shark". There are two reviews on AK, one is a "it's great for a little 15 WPC receiver", and the second one is a "meh". YMMV

Sa-3080

I did find this from another post, "In a 1980 buyers guide I found a reference to an Eico amp SA-3080 with 80 watts continous for $269.95.", and "The little Cortina, these are physically small, smaller then the KLH 52, was a nicely made series, especially in the integrated amp and tuner configuration."

Last edited:
Eico Cortina 3200 FM Tuner and 3070 Amp

Talking about nostalgia, I'm checking out these Eico Cortina components complete with operating/service manuals and schematics. I don't really have a need for them, are there any sites that allow ads for AudioKarma compnents like these?

Back
Top Bottom