Cerwin Vega 380se

SimplyMusic

soo, i found these beauties in a pawn shop across the way and instantly started foaming at the mouth... ive wanted an older set of cvs since i was 10. there a little dinged up so at first i was on the ropes but than i heard them and they sound absolutely fantastic. was wondering if anyone could give me more insight into these speakers are they worth 225$ how do they stack up against other cvs. i wana know everything i can haha, any shared knowledge would be much appreciated:)

Okay here goes!

Cerwin Vega 380 SE, 15" accordian edge woofer, dual 7" polyolefin mids, compression horn tweeter. 25 to 20,000 Hz +/- 3 dB, 102 dB/W/M effeciency, 4 ohms, 5 to 405 watts power handling, 36 x 17.5 x 19.5 inches, 90 lbs. each, Canadian list price $1999.95/pr in 1988. (these are manufacturer's specs)

What I know of them... This design was closer to the professional Cerwin Vega's with the cloth surround, ribbed woofers and the horn tweeter is a close match to their P.A. models. Velour front to reduce diffraction effects and good sized mids blend better in the lower midrange to the 15" woofer than smaller mids on other models. Very good low bass and great efficiency. I used to have some brochures on them.

Back
Top Bottom