Kenwood KD-2000 thoughts

m4rz

Currently I have a SL-1200 mkII tt and am always wondering about a belt driven tt. Plus, I want to have a tt that will allow me to test my LP finds before I put them on the technics. Does anyone have any thoughts about the Kenwood KD-2000? Is it easy to find a stylus for etc?
Thanks in advance as always.

Thanks we'll see. I want to make sure that the base is at least heavy and not cheap and light. I don't think much will take the place of the technics, and I still haven't done any upgrades.

Except for the plinth appearing to be made of wood instead of cultured marble, that table greatly resembles my KD-3055. Kenwood may not get the attention of the other big-name Japanese brands (Pioneer and Sansui, to name a few), but they did build great equipment. I may be a Kenwood partisan, but they made great tables by any standard. I love my 3055, it's the only belt-drive TT that has earned a spot in my long-term collection. Currently, it's paired with a KR-720 receiver at my place of employment and receiving quite a bit of use.

I have two Technics TTs - an SL-D2 and a slightly later quartz-lock T4P model - wile they're great tables, both are going to land in my "for sale" stack as soon as they receive a bit of maintenance. The 1200 series is something that I have yet to personally encounter, so I can't give a review on it.

Back
Top Bottom