No Way! old video game is over $12K ?!!

Not sure if they are still around, have not been in one for years.

They are still around. I just heard about them a couple of weeks ago and stopped in to one on my way home from work. Didn't buy anything, but was an interesting mix of closeout items. Most of what I saw was in lots, not individual items. I wonder if they had more of these or other vintage games on the shelf...

I personally am a comic and toy collector and to tell you what I had involved would stun you. I have bought a MIMB (mint in mint box) Captain Action Spiderman in 1996 for around $10K. I still consider it a good long term investment.

In the long term art, antiques and collectibles have been investments. Consider the Action #1 that sold recently for $1,000,000. I am familiar with the book and could have bought it for $140K in 1993. If I had invested that in say Enron or even real estate here where I live in the SF bay, the comic looks really good. Same with some of my movie props or other iconic pieces.

There will ALWAYS be people with disposable income. Catering to them is your best long term strategy.

AHHH!!! I had that game!!! Going to my moms house and looking for it tonight!!!!

Really only 12 of them made....My dad brought that game home from Gold Circle back when I was a kid for me after work....he paid a buck for it...

Hey MeatInStereo! I am the admin of Zap!, a classic video game forum, owner of Men-A-Vision.com (Men-A-Vision is the company that created Air Raid), and Atari fan of over 30 years. I found this board and thread by accident while searching for Air Raid. Air Raid is one if the games that to this day, very little is known. Would you be able to answer a few questions about the game?

1) To the best of your knowledge, did the game originally come with instructions or not?

2) Is the box the same one pictured here, or is it a different one?

3) Did you ever see another game like this in Gold Circle or any other store?

4) Where exactly (city and state) was it purchased, and approximately what year?

5) Is there anything else that you remember distinctively about this game that you can share?

6) Have you found the game yet? If yes, can you please post some pics? Your name will be added to the Air Raid registry (yes, it's that rare!).

Sorry for all the questions, it's just that this game is the Holy Grail of Atari 2600 games. Your help will be greatly appreciated by the Atari Community around the globe!

Last edited:
I personally am a comic and toy collector and to tell you what I had involved would stun you.

In the long term art, antiques and collectibles have been investments.

I would be stunned if someone bought my Ren and Stimpy collection.

Those Atari arcade machines were awesome. I dumped alot of quarters into Centipede and Space Invaders.
10 years ago I bought a box of these games with the controls at a flea market. I cannot remember if Air Raids was among them.

It sounds a bit like Ocean State in MA. You find odd food like pineapple salsa tortilla chips or Champion XXXL sweats in salmon pink. Once in awhile you find something useful. It's where I buy packing tape.

Wow, cool! I love to see some crossover from two of my favorite online forums! It's like an Atari Video Music in forum style. That does not make any sense, I guess. Anyway, old games and old stereo stuff go well together... over on AtariAge we had a nice thread not so long ago about good turntables to put in your gaming room. :)

Hope you find it, Meat.

If you made a record with a pure sine groove and used an audio coupler to your PC couldn't you copy video games off of vinyl? Like an old school CD... that degrades with use. Not very practical but it would be a fun experiment.

Back
Top Bottom