McIntosh MC2120 value?

Cody B

I have a opportunity to purchase a MC2120 in pretty good shape from a local collector and was wondering what it was worth. It has no case, no manuals and no box.

I was obviously looking for a 2105, 2125 or 2205 because of the meters and overall styling, but because the fellow wants $400 I figured I could do without if that is a fair price.
Also, since its pretty much a 2125 without the glass, how much do those go for? and is it worth the extra money?

Another question is what is the desire for this particular model if I were to find one with the meters? Could I get my $400 back?

I think $400 is pretty much fair. It's funny with Mac's tho you pay a crapload more for the glass + meters. You can get a MC2250 for less than $800 but a MC2255 is gonna cost you around $2K. Go figure...meters & glass for $1200 more. I say if you don't care about looks go for the 2120. I mean realisticly we are talking about "music". Who cares what the stuff looks like? but how does it sound!

400. is a very good price if it is without issues IMO. And yes, you should not have to take a loss at all to sell it.

Carl

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to offer around $350 for it and see what he says. Then again, I should just be thankful that 65 pounds of Mac isn't costing me more.

btw, what is the average price for a MC2120 anyway? I was looking and saw none on ebay.

I can't help you there with the "more" factor. I quit looking at things for sale, leads to buying things you don't really need I noticed. :D
I do know there isn't a McIntosh amp worth less than 400. if working is about all I can help you with.

Carl

For $400, I'd have it in my truck right now. :) A nice 2125 will cost you considerably more. Buy it -- you'll probably love it, and you certainly won't lose $$ on it.

Back
Top Bottom