Technics SB-2840

AdamITR

I did some research on these Technics SB-2840's, and did find some old posts. Seems like they came with a component system offered by Technics.

I wanted to see if anyone had any new information on them. I found them for sale local to me. They seem to be in decent condition. Also, does it look like the tweeter foam has separated in the photo? I see the cone on the woofer is dented, but that should be any easy fix.

Thanks for any opinions or thoughts. Also, there is a pair of Optimus 650's for sale, they need a woofer refoam, would this be a better choice?

Seller's Photo:

technics.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing special there, just part of a cheap rack system. I don't think the optimus speakers will be much better, hold off till you see something worth going after.

Nothing special there, just part of a cheap rack system. I don't think the optimus speakers will be much better, hold off till you see something worth going after.

Okay, thanks for the advice. I'll do some more research on the 650's ... I know nothing about them.

Not feeling those. I bet the drivers are cheap stamped units, behind fake plastic bezels, with wood-grain vinyl over flimsy MDF cabinets.

You did want my honest opinion, right? :D

Back
Top Bottom