sansui au-d11

honestabe316

Oh Chief! - Jane Hathaway
Hi,
I was lucky enough yesterday to buy a stack of hi fi gear...mostly sansui and dbx gear. I have no use for all of the eq's sound routing and modifying gear but I am really liking the au-d11 integrated amp. It seems to function properly but definitely needs thorough cleaning and deoxit-ing as theres a hint of scratchiness when turning knobs. I have proton, kyocera, and adcom gear for all of my amplification needs but i would like to know if this amp is well regarded in the sansui circles. If so i may keep it and check out whether it needs recapping and such...otherwise if its a so so amp ill give it to my brother..thanks for any input...btw my head unit is a proton d1200 amp...how would the sansui match up with my proton?

Thanks

Scott

The AU-D11 is well regarded, and well worth reconditioning, however I have no idea how it compares to your Proton.

It also has a cooling system similar to my kyocera r-611 receiver. Same price range as kyo too in early 80's....im very impressed with my first sansui :)

Can anyone tell me if the sansui au-d11 (not II) I is capable of powering a denon dl/103 or dl/110 phono cartridge through its mc phono stage? Or how I can determine this?

Can anyone tell me if the sansui au-d11 (not II) I is capable of powering a denon dl/103 or dl/110 phono cartridge through its mc phono stage? Or how I can determine this?

Look it up in the specification of the amplifier, then compare the sensitivity and impedance of the MC input (if it has one) with the output voltage and expected load impedance for the cartridge - simple?

EDIT:
I just checked, it DOES have an MC input - with switchable sensitivity, High sensitivity = 100µV, Low = 200µV @100Ω load.

Look up the spec's of the cartridges and compare...
EDIT #2 - the Denon DL103 looks just about perfect, if using the low sensitivity setting of the MC input on the amp. (haven't checked the DL110).

Last edited:
Excellent. ..I was getting confused by the input sensitivity & impedance for mc and the maximum input for mc....the maximum input said 13mv. The input sensitivity & impedence was 100uv. & 200uv. At 100 ohms...

Back
Top Bottom