My new 990 & SP-3500s

magicray

I got my new to me 990 set up with the speakers finally after much discussion with the girlfriend on why we need those big speakers (one not shown) and not the little take no space Bose double cubes array, she actually likes it. :) It sounds fantastic, now if I only had a working TT !!! The cabinet is gorgeous and he really took great care of this unit and the price was OK as well, I think, no garage sale find here! ... got $700 into it with speakers. :)

Attachments

• sansui990sp3500.jpg
    sansui990sp3500.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 27
I got my new to me 990 set up with the speakers finally after much discussion with the girlfriend on why we need those big speakers (one not shown) and not the little take no space Bose double cubes array, she actually likes it. :) It sounds fantastic, now if I only had a working TT !!! The cabinet is gorgeous and he really took great care of this unit and the price was OK as well, I think, no garage sale find here! ... got $700 into it with speakers. :)

So hard to find women who are into quality audio... they would rather have granite, or a nice bathroom... which is fine... i have found that this hobby, like collector cars is HEAVILY weighted to the male side. My wife is "ok" with my new hobby, but is really wanting it all to stay aesthetically pleasing... which i agree on.. however she does not like the wood speakers... shes cool with the vintage wood receivers though... i think she would be cool with the speakers if they were painted gloss white or something.. we have a rather modern taste. Doesn't matter what it costs if you are happy and they don't put you in the poor house!

So hard to find women who are into quality audio... they would rather have granite, or a nice bathroom... which is fine... i have found that this hobby, like collector cars is HEAVILY weighted to the male side. My wife is "ok" with my new hobby, but is really wanting it all to stay aesthetically pleasing... which i agree on.. however she does not like the wood speakers... shes cool with the vintage wood receivers though... i think she would be cool with the speakers if they were painted gloss white or something.. we have a rather modern taste. Doesn't matter what it costs if you are happy and they don't put you in the poor house!

I will ditto that!!! :) (I'm into cars too, she just doesn't get it, she has a Prius!)

Gibby; Is that a DELRAY??? I can count on one hand over the last 40 years I've seen THAT badge on a Chevy! And have fingers left over for next year.

Back
Top Bottom