AU-919 220 to 120 Volt conversion

Bodhi

Greetings,
For all you Sansui Gurus I have an AU-919 with a 220 Volt sticker next to chord (have not plugged it in yet) yet the chord is a convention two prong style. My questions are:
1. Is there an easy way to determine if the unit was modified to be compatible with 120?
2. If it is in the original 220 configuration, why would it have a conventional two prong plug?
3. What is required to modify it to be compatible with 120 volt?
4. From what I have read, the units were shipped to Europe with 220 and to USA with 120 volt configurations. Are they different power supplies or just different (single phase vs split phase) going into the the step down transformer?

If it's anything like my 719, there should be a selector plug close to the back panel when you remove the base plate and it should have 4 settings on it (100, 120, 220, 240). :thmbsp:

Greetings,
For all you Sansui Gurus I have an AU-919 with a 220 Volt sticker next to chord (have not plugged it in yet) yet the chord is a convention two prong style. My questions are:
1. Is there an easy way to determine if the unit was modified to be compatible with 120?
2. If it is in the original 220 configuration, why would it have a conventional two prong plug?
4. From what I have read, the units were shipped to Europe with 220 and to USA with 120 volt configurations. Are they different power supplies or just different (single phase vs split phase) going into the the step down transformer?
It's easy....voltage selector is under the bottom plate :smoke:

919.jpg

Ahha!
When all else fails, read the directions...
Thanks so much! Operation base plate removal commencing now...

Greetings,

Mine has the same 220V sticker too, but is wired for the 110V with a two prong plug; my guess is that yours has the same configuration.

Helios

that worked for me to

I just got me a AU 919 and that back and the 220v so I did just what you said to do flip over and removed the bottom plate and check the setting. It was set to 120. And now my system is up and running thanks for all the others on the thread. -rw:music:

I just got me a AU 919 and that back and the 220v so I did just what you said to do flip over and removed the bottom plate and check the setting. It was set to 120. And now my system is up and running thanks for all the others on the thread. -rw:music:

Be sure that your 919 has had the proper updates to save those outputs!:nono:

Back
Top Bottom