Completed my Sansui Stack

Tinnkindling

OLD SCHOOL
My (audio) Karma must be good, because I picked up my new CA-3000 today, and it's in absolutely new condition, as though it had never been used. Came with the original owner's manual, which looks like it was never opened, and the Factory Data sheet, signed by J. Iwata!

It's so nice, I really don't want to use the damn thing. Not only that, but it makes my reasonably nice BA-5K look kinda shabby, although most guys would love to have it.

I now have the TU-9900, CA-3000, and BA-5000 as my main system, the AU-20000 in the bedroom, and the CA-2000 and BA-2000 in our living room. Time to stop looking on Craigslist, where I found all this stuff.

Attachments

• CA-3KFront.JPG
    CA-3KFront.JPG
    214.6 KB · Views: 292
  • CA-3KTop.JPG
    CA-3KTop.JPG
    204.6 KB · Views: 220
  • CA-3kRear.JPG
    CA-3kRear.JPG
    213.2 KB · Views: 213
  • CA-3KMeters.JPG
    CA-3KMeters.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 211
  • CA-3K Volume.JPG
    CA-3K Volume.JPG
    202.7 KB · Views: 200
Yes, I was very lucky. The CL ad for the CA-3K did not mention the manual or data sheet, and did not say that it was as new. I bought it sight unseen, after a couple of e-mails with the seller. It really could be a NOS unit, and I've e-mailed back to the seller to see if he has any more info on the unit.

To be honest, I haven't tried the CA-3K yet. Still trying to convince my wife that it is NOT the same as the AU-20K, and that we really NEEDED it!

When I do fire it up, will compare with the CA-2K (I now have an extra one), the SPEC-1, and see whether I have a strong preference. I really just bought this one because of the "collector" mentality (sort of like an addiction) that's part of me.

Beautiful score, congrats - now that shabby 5K really shouldn't be part of the pristine collection, - one must adhere to certain standards. My number is .........:D

But WAIT My 5K needs an ugly twin LOL !

CONGRATS… Nice SCORE !

I assume it's a US unit not a 100 volt only?

This one says 120V on the plate, and it does not have that box that seems to be on many Sansui units, the one that gives you different power-primary winding options.

There was, at one time, one more sticker on the rear of the unit. Not sure what it might have said, but the "120V" one comes to mind.

This took me about 18 months to find. I don't have your (Vigman's) talent for restoration, so I have to find units that don't need much, and I've been very lucky so far, but I've had to be very patient.

This leaves me with a surplus CA-2K, and my Pioneer SPEC-1, not sure what I'll do. Maybe keep one in case a BA-3K shows up.

Wow that is awesome.

I wish gear finds like that were more common around here. Finding any of the really high end Sansui stuff happens once every few years from what I've seen.

My (audio) Karma must be good, because I picked up my new CA-3000 today, and it's in absolutely new condition, as though it had never been used. Came with the original owner's manual, which looks like it was never opened, and the Factory Data sheet, signed by J. Iwata!

It's so nice, I really don't want to use the damn thing. Not only that, but it makes my reasonably nice BA-5K look kinda shabby, although most guys would love to have it.

I now have the TU-9900, CA-3000, and BA-5000 as my main system, the AU-20000 in the bedroom, and the CA-2000 and BA-2000 in our living room. Time to stop looking on Craigslist, where I found all this stuff.

Outstanding collection. :thmbsp:

Time to stop looking on Craigslist, where I found all this stuff.

I agree, now if you can just tell me which CL region you've been finding this stuff I'll gladly take over for you.

Oh yeah congrats!!!! that's some nice looking and I bet sweet sounding gear.

Well, I live in Vancouver, Canada, and I found all of the items on the local CL. Some were really good deals, others closer to the famous online auction site that we can't mention selling prices. But, if it was in excellent condition, and I wanted it, I just dug into my wallet.

I found my Original Large Advent speakers on the same list, superb cosmetics with the walnut veneer, and working perfectly. That deal set me back $100 Canadian, or about $78 US these days.

But, you sure have to be patient...

Beautiful stuff! You have my particular envy, because I was given a TU-7900 a while back, and have been casually looking for an amp to match, from the AU-5900/6900/7900 series. They seem scarce, and not inexpensive.

Back
Top Bottom