how many 33000 made?

2011etec

so how many of the g33000 do you think were made?when I was out in Victoria a few years ago unknown to me there was one for sale.to bad I didn't know, it would of come home to Ontario with me, price no problem as long as it wasn't stupid which I believe it wasn't just cant remember how much.did any mfg carry records of production?

The production run I believe was 1000 units. The one in Victoria was beautiful and was advertised for $4700.

if I had of been smart back in the day I would of had either it or an sa1000 for real cheap as the local dealer was trying to basically dump them because nobody had disposable income with 8000 steelworker being laid off due to the recession back then.owe well, should a could a.someday maybe.enjoy it.if I ever come into some good coin I will have everyone of the bigges on bullys list .

Just keep looking. They do come up every so often. You are better off buying the G22000 unless you really want the 33k. They seem to come up more often and for much less money.

Just keep looking. They do come up every so often. You are better off buying the G22000 unless you really want the 33k. They seem to come up more often and for much less money.
hear ya.just always wanted one of the big boys .ive had 400 wpc amps but never a receiver.some day,i just seem to miss everything by a week or 2 .lost out on a concept 16.5 that somebody had in town also.day late and a dollar short,lol.

Hi vintage plus,

Looks like you have two of the best monster receivers of 70's,how do you describe them in term of sound quality? Which one you pick the best?

He hasn't had enough time with the 33k to describe it, it grenaded 2 minutes into listening to it. Once he gets it back he can make a determination. I'll be hooking it up to my tannoys before it returns for a listen and I'll post my thoughts. I should be able to get the pre tuner done before the end of next week.

I paid $1800 for mine.. took it right off the original owner's shelf along with six inches of dust. Put a wanted ad on craigslist and by some miracle someone responded. Had a pair of JBL L-220's i should have swiped too.. but only had a car at the time and it was a 4 hr drive one way.

Back to the first question .
There were a 1000 of each built. The production run was quite short.
June to December 1978. THAT WAS IT.
The question remains though. Why there are so many G22'S on the market and so few G33'S?
To enhance the story , their price difference was not real huge. 1800$ US the G22, 2300$ US the G33. At least , that is my info from sansui new York back in 1979.

How many were made ? Well, lessee, about 200,000 LESS than what we here at AK would like to have had 'em made..

That is the most important answer but there is unfortunately no real way to figure that out. There could be some just sitting in basements covered in dust and forgotten about.

The serial number database is woefully out of date but what's in shows that G33 were manufactured on line 23 in May, June, September and November of 1978. The highest serial number listed each month as follows:
May - 215
June - 127
September - 91
November - 95

Sansui also built the G-22 on the same line during those months and may ave built other models as well. The numbers were issued sequentially regardless of the model being built.
That said, I think it's safe to say they built out one model before switching to another. The G22s have higher serial numbers than the G22s the same month so I think its safe to assume the G33s were built first before switching the line to G33s

Then, assuming that each of these production runs started at 0001, the database records 538 G33s built. Does anyone have a G33 that falls outside the serial number range recorded?

- Pete

I took another look at the recorded serial numbers and there were G22s build in the same serial number ranges as the G33s listed above. Like we have seen with other unit production, Sansui built multiple models on the same line concurrently. So the G33 production numbers are actually lower lower that what I stated in my previous post. It wouldn't surprise me if there were only around 500 G33s total.

The head unit and the amp unit have separate serial numbers but unfortunately the data base doesn't list both or call out which unit is recorded. To get a better picture, we need more serial numbers.

- Pete

Back
Top Bottom