New additions to the family...

BLAH BLAH

OK...So i'm currently in full care taker mood with these new additions to my modestly growing Sansui Family of stereo equipment...
And when its time for me to shuffle of this mortal coil I can only hope to pass them on to others who will be just as excited and caring about these beauties as I am...

The 888 I only recently picked up on Ebay Sydney Australia..
Have been searching for one for a while now after having missed out on one last year from a deceased estate going for around $500ish Au$t...pick up just down the road from my place...nearby suburb of Chadstone...which would have been ideal all things considered. The less travel these units do via courier/post the better in my book. Fingers crossed I have been lucky so far with units being sent from USA.
This 888 is in nicer nick than the one I did originally miss out on...
I cannot wait to get it refurbished and cleaned (not by me)..
It just looks like a larger version of my fav the 555A...so i'm hoping it sounds just as good...just with more grunt!
While I have an 999 I just wanted/lusted for an 888 cos of that loudness switch...
Any imput as to what I should have checked out would be greatly appreciated..
And as for the 666...just a whim! The previous owner assured me it was ready to play with no work needed...it was his preferred amp...something about its 'headroom'...
I'm looking forward to hearing them both do their stuff after the refurbishment of the 888...
But as for now I am in no hurry cos I love listening to my 9500...
cheers guys...

Attachments

• SANSUI AU 666.jpg
    SANSUI AU 666.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 18
  • SANSUI AU 888.jpg
    SANSUI AU 888.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 15
Congrats of the 888. They don't seem to pop up on ebay that often. let us know how it sounds. I haven't heard an 888, but reading the circuit description makes me think it should be closer to the 666/999 than the 555A/505 in sound

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom