Help with my G-3000

Sanford

Hey all, I have a G-3000 that has been working fine for the last year or so since I bought it. Today I went to turn it on and got a loud pop noise and no volume. Everything still lights up, the tuner meter works and the FM sensitivity light works as well. Just no volume. Also, I am getting nothing from the headphone input as well. I also tried the phono and nothing as well. Is there a fuse that would only protect the output stage?Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
Take the top off and look for 3 fuses at the power supply. 2 of these will be rated for 3.15a. The 1a fuse is probably ok as the tuner is reacting to changing stations. Pull both and check for continuity with an Ohmmeter. If they are blown replace with a 250v 3 amp fuse. If it blows again DO NOT KEEP changing fuses. There's something else wrong. Sometimes fuses just blow due to age and heat.

The service manual is available at www.hifiengine.com. You have to register (free).

Larry

Finally got a chance to switch out the two fuses and as soon as I powered it back up, POP! and it's dead again. Something is popping the fuses and I have no idea. Is it even worth having these looked at? Thanks again for the help!

Sanford do you have electronics skills & tools?
Mike

Not a lot but I am handy with a soldering iron. I build and repair guitars as a hobby so I've worked with those types of passive electronics. I don't have a DMM but it is on my short list of things to buy next.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom