Sansui 8 Deluxe or G-7000

As an owner of a Sansui Six and an ex-owner of a G5700 - I can only say, that the build and sound quality of the Six convinced me to keep it over the G5700. Looks wise - those G models are stunning, but there's something about the Six, Seven, Eight and Eight Deluxe that's special and so my vote goes for the 8.

I had the G8700DB and a AU-517, I still Have the 8 deluxe. I would have kept them all If I could have. The 517 sounded great and powerful. The 8700 was technically clean and accurate. The Eight Deluxe is awesome in build quality and sounds warm and powerful. Probably gonna sell the 8 now that I am into tubes :) but it is a great receiver and would be my choice hands down out of your options

The difference is; the EightD should be at your house, and the other left behind.

Well, they are what they are.

When I compare the 9090DB, G-8000, G-871db, and Eight Deluxe, they all sound a bit different from each other, but all great. That said, as I have said before, I would let all the others go before my Eight Deluxe. It has a punch that I love.

Rob

I think an awful lot depends on the speakers you are using, the music you like, the volume you listen at and probably other factors. I had an eight and it sounded good. I still have a G7000 and while it sounds better with some speakers than others, I really like it. Also I seem to see quite a few 7's, 8's, and 8 deluxe show up, but G7000 seems to be one of the more rare G series models.

Also, my g7000 is the best match yet with my University horn speakers. I have tried Sansui 2000x, trio wx-400, philips ah7631, sansui g5000,onkyo tx something or other. I can't turn the volume far, but wow does it sound good.

Last edited:
Oldie but just want to say: Try and find an 8 Deluxe these days? These earlier sounding TOTL Sansui seem to have a very loyal niche following and the 8 "Deluxe" keeps showing up with opinions as "Cream of the Crop".

I'm sure I will hear one one day but not going to be holding my breath because "seeing what all is out there" is a part of this hobby for me.....8 Deluxe is one toughie.

I have owned the Sansui Seven, G-6700, 8080DB, and many others. I have kept the Seven, a couple of G-3000 (love the gold color!), and a heavily modded AU-7900. The Seven is one of the few receivers you can A,B,& C on speakers.

Back
Top Bottom