Another AU-919 recon

Hyperion

Roobarb & Custard
Subscriber
I have been asked by an AK member and friend to recondition a Sansui AU-919 for someone he knows.

I received it hand delivered just before I went away on holiday about three weeks ago. I haven't had a chance to look at it properly yet - there are plenty of other AU-919 recon threads so I won't bore you all with the details of this one, but will post up with anything unusual should it come up. ;)

Here is a link to my own AU-919 recon thread http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=467393&highlight=AU919

Watch this space.

Last edited:
No problem John, just bore us. That is the way we like it. :naughty:
And if possible bore us even more with some pictures.

-John-

Hi all, i have the same Project coming up but first i need to find a frontplate. Anybody know where i Can find one? My 919 is more purple than black from sun...
Mikael

Well I have looked it over, it is absolutely untouched, all original, even the output transistors are original. :)

First it wouldn't come out of protection, DBT bulb was quite bright, so I turned the bias down, ping - out of protect with 7-800mV DC offset showing, adjusted offset as best I could with the old trimmers which have had it. Then the bias, then offset again - IT LIVES. - heatsinks warming gently. :)

Mikael - you are not allowed to ask for parts in this section of the forum.

Want ads are not allowed in the forums, but if you subscribe another forum becomes available called Bartertown.
I am not familiar with the "Marketplace" that recently was added to the site.
Watch Ebay too.

Last edited:
John,
If you are going to do the business on this, plenty of elbow grease to remove the glue. Will send you a PM.

Hi Mano PM received - and response sent - you are a good man Mano :yes:

Thank you very much :)

Edit:
Mano's left over parts received with grateful thanks.

Last edited:
Arising from Mano's generosity I have been able to make a somewhat reduced order to Mouser for the vast majority of the parts needed for this recon. Parts yet to be obtained are a set of speaker binding posts, and if the owner requests it, a set of main smoothing capacitor replacements, which I will re-stuff in the established fashion for the oval capacitors.

That's all for now.

Hyperion I will be watching here with great interest as I am reconing my current 919 also :)

Hit the link in the first post, which details the reconditioning of my own AU-919 ;) - this one will be very similar in all respects.

There is also my thread on here regarding re-stuffing the oval capacitors for it too. :yes:

Pictures

Pictures

Showing Top, Broken speaker terminal, and Bottom.

Parts order has been dispatched. :)

Attachments

• IMG_1712.jpg
    IMG_1712.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1713.jpg
    IMG_1713.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1714.jpg
    IMG_1714.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 112
Hit the link in the first post, which details the reconditioning of my own AU-919 ;) - this one will be very similar in all respects.

There is also my thread on here regarding re-stuffing the oval capacitors for it too. :yes:

Hyperion I can't seem to find the oval capacitors thread >.<

Also will you be changing the JFETs in this one - the 2SK129 package? If so what would be good substitutes ?

Also I read somewhere that some 919s (depending on their vintage) have different cap values - just wondering what caps values are in this new one you're doing and if they do in fact deviate from the service manual values? This is quite confusing wouldn't the right thing to do is to always follow the sm?
Or did Sansui print two of these sm's?

Back
Top Bottom