Little ol 2000A holds it's own.

shadco

BT Addict
Subscriber
I picked up a refurbed 2000A last December just because it was there and cheap.

It's sat on the shelf for the last 8 months, my Fisher is out for some TLC and figured what the heck, I'll put it into the Fishers' place and give it a whirl.

These things are no joke, really nice all the way around.

I was going to put it out in the unconditioned workshop with some outdoor speakers but it may be too nice for that.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 79
I love my 2000x.
Rebuilding a 5000x for my father now.
Owned 2 5000a's back in the day and they were nice except for the f-1040 and always toasting output trannys.

I want a BA-5000 or even BA-3000 I have one set of speakers that can handle the power but would never imagine needing that much.

The 2000A was my 1st SS Sansui. After replacing the 2sc458's with ksc1845's and a recap (had a few leaky caps) it had a noise floor that was like a trident sub on patrol. I've now got a 2000 and same thing. Noise floor thru the sub basement, and great sound. Damn near put's my 800-C to shame. I've got a 2000A coming this week and an X coming next week, so I'll have the trifecta. Never had a problem with any of the 2000 series. Do a full restore on it and it'll sound like that when your grandkids overhaul it next..........

Back
Top Bottom