C8003-1 transistor sub? Eight PS board.

Robisme

Sansui Enthusiast
Well, I have replaced the C8002 and 9002 transistors before, but never the 8003.

This is on the power supply board in an Eight. I checked the schematic and measured the voltages, and it looks like I can use a KSC2690A.

Has anybody replaced this transistor before?

This is not my Eight. There are many issues with this Eight, and I will be replacing a bunch of caps and transistors, and want to get rid of 8003.

I guess I could pull my Eight out and stick one in to see how it acts.:scratch2:

Rob

Well, I have replaced the C8002 and 9002 transistors before, but never the 8003.

This is on the power supply board in an Eight. I checked the schematic and measured the voltages, and it looks like I can use a KSC2690A.

Has anybody replaced this transistor before?

This is not my Eight. There are many issues with this Eight, and I will be replacing a bunch of caps and transistors, and want to get rid of 8003.

I guess I could pull my Eight out and stick one in to see how it acts.:scratch2:

Rob

I couldn't find anything regarding the specs of that transistor.....I don't know what part of the power supply circuit it is, but it might only be a smoothing transistor......
I'd just measure you voltages around it, ascertain whether its a PNP or NPN, and you might find the KSC2690 might do the job......

Id be interested in the sub numbers for them as well. I searched for awhile and couldn't find a substitute.

I couldn't find anything regarding the specs of that transistor.....I don't know what part of the power supply circuit it is, but it might only be a smoothing transistor......
I'd just measure you voltages around it, ascertain whether its a PNP or NPN, and you might find the KSC2690 might do the job......

Schematic shows it's an NPN. It also shows 40v 12ma at the PS terminal. It feeds the phono EQ.

I measured the voltages and they were all less than 40v at the transistor.

The KSC2690 specs exceed anything I see in this circuit, so I will give it a shot.

Rob

Thanks for info. I have a bunch of KSC2690s, so I will try those. If it doesn't work out, I will order the ones you suggested.

Rob

Good find/substitute Rob and Tom. I had searched high and low on the internet and never found any information about it.

George.

Back
Top Bottom