Hum when I switch to AUX

Belo

I bought a Sansui Classique A-900 which is the same as the A-9 about a year ago with all functions working perfectly but last night it started to present a loud hum in AUX.
When I turn the volume down the hum goes down as well.

I tested all functions: PHONO MM and MC, TUNER, TAPE I and TAPE II, everything working OK except when it is switched to AUX.

I also tried plugging in other equipment and changed the cables every time with the same result.

I had my computer plugged in to the AUX and now I have to plug it into TAPE II
Does anyone have an idea of what could be causing this problem?

Attachments

• CAM00290.jpg
    CAM00290.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 9
Sounds like a lost ground connection to the AUX input connectors. Could be something like a broken ribbon lead, or defective solder joint. Not familiar with the A-900 internals so probably can't help that much.

Both channels of just one?.........could narrow it down a bit.

its looking like whatever you are plugging in is causing the hum then .. or possibly a broken ground at the rca sockets

I'm going to look at the RCA terminals since I tried two different sources with the same results.
Thanks for the heads up.

try plugging in 2 rca cables and nothing else ..if it hums short each cable tip to outer ground and see if hum stops ..if it does grounds are intact and cables are good ..

Does this amp have a polarized line (power) cord plug? If not, turn it over and see if it helps.

Back
Top Bottom