Seven

desertlizard

I got a seven this week, I'd been looking for one for awhile, I guess I was curious if it really sounded better than an 881, they do seem pretty closely matched but willing to give a nod to the seven, really pretty bad ass receiver.
:banana:
Thanks DL

The Seven is one of the few receivers still on the "to buy" list for me. I lucked out and got the Model Eight Deluxe and the Model Eight. There are very few units I would buy anymore. As my back gets worse those smaller units start to look better; although, even though this line Sansuis are smaller, they still have a great deal of weight to them. Congrats on your find. :thmbsp:

That's cool. I picked a Six, my first Sansui, a couple of months ago and really like it. It I hope I get an opportunity to add a Seven or Eight to the collection.

Cheers

Desertlizard, congrats on yer Seven, I picked one up about 6 mo. ago. Awesome vintage sound with great looks to boot! It is in my main rig rotated with a AU 999. I actually prefer it over my 9090. Happy listening!

I bought a 7 at a garage sale - they were asking $5 - I said "how bout $3?" - got it for $3. - took it to my repair guy - checked it out, and gave it to my best friend for his pole barn setup - AR3a's - more than enough power - great unit. All those older Sansui's just plain rock!!

Great receiver...

I like the ability to use the Seven as a pre-amp as compared to the 881. I have a re-capped 7 running my phono, tuner and CD player into my Dynaco ST-70, really sounds great. Great switching capabilities with the 7.

I also prefer it to my Sansui 7070 when used as a stand alone amplifier.

Steve

I have a Model 8 and have no idea how it sounds in comparison to other Sansui receivers (G series, etc..) Can someone comment? I would think the single digit receivers (6,7 and 8) pretty much sound alike.

Back
Top Bottom