Advent 3 Speakers

darth

Are the Advent 3's similar to the Small Advents? I notice the tweeters are different. Are they a good speaker?

I have a pair of Advent 3's and I think they are great little speakers, I use mine with a Denon integrated for my kitchen system. The drivers don't look like much, especially the paper cone tweeter, but the rubber surrounds on the woofers are a nice plus and they sound far better than they look like they should. Especially good bass for such a small cabinet. Another big plus is the fact that they look like miniature classic Advents, very nice vintage speaker look in a small package!

As Rastafish stated, they are great speakers in a small package. They are smaller than the "smaller advents" have a 6" woofer ans 2" tweeter.

The only flaw of the advent /3 is that they are really inefficient (~85dB at 1 watt) so they are really only good for an office or bedroom where volume isn't needed. Great bass response for such a small box!

I concur whole-heartedly. Amazing what those boys could get out of a small box with a 6" woof, but a Smaller Advent was in a whole different class.

They're excellent speakers. They were my first pair of speakers that could be called "high fidelity"... but they suck up power like a black hole!
Tom

Back
Top Bottom