G-33000 fan turned on again...

1khz is the industry standard to test equipment at, it's what I bench test at- sine and square if I really want to hammer it.

Industry standards are not 1 kHz , my friend.
Never been , never will be. It's a way of specifying machines , that need some push to be specified.
No one takes measurements at din standards , not now not ever. That's a 1khz test tone to check power amp's output . It shows a bit more output than the classic 20hz to 20khz measurement.

If you really want to hammer it try a 50 hz sine wave , and if you want to be really bad make that a square .

1Khz is the SMPTE standard for gain set thru re recording or transmission ( line drivers ) devices. actually 1khz @ 1.23 volts RMS is equal to "0" vu or 50% optical.
It is the baseline for all tests.
So I beg to differ...

I agree that the fan is doing it's job... 4 ohms.. 100 watts yeah those outputs will get very warm...

things to consider ...
what is the ambient temp. ?
what air flow is there ?
how does it behave with different speakers ?
how is it with different music ?
are the tone controls set flat ?
if it has loudness setting is it on or off ?
maybe i missed something.......

I think you guys are making way too much of this......

The G33K was running pretty hard with some 4Ω speakers, and after while the fan came on......Sounds fairly normal to me......

I think you guys are making way too much of this......

The G33K was running pretty hard with some 4Ω speakers, and after while the fan came on......Sounds fairly normal to me......

That's what I'm gonna go with. Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom