G33000 reed relay

bktheking

Gitter Done!
There's a reed relay on the VU meter driver board, 1150430. I think the relay is on it's way out in the big G. Sometimes when I turn it on the left meter barely registers while the right reads properly. Tap the top of the unit where the meters are or cranking up the volume brings it back. I've gone over the connector's and tightened the screws on the meters to no avail- all I can think of is the reed relay. The board has been recapped. Anybody know of a suitable replacement, looking for a digikey relay if possible.

Thanks all.

probably have to go with something electrically suitable and pigtail it in tastefully. Is it a small metal can like the reeds in a C-4 ?

My G33 slams the power meters to the high stop on turn off. I suspect that relay but haven't done the research to find an electrically suitable replacement. If anyone has, please let me know.

- Pete

All big G's use to do this. My G22 G33, do this very same thing.
My brother's up in Haverhill, all 4 of em ,2 G22'S 2 G33'S do the same thing.
I don't recall though doing it , specially my brother's new G33 .
I also recall some of them coming to the lab , for this matter , and seeing the way out , without even one of us touch them. This is normal behavior.

Well yes this is what we talk about, power off.
On cold power on, needles swing a little slowly to the first indications and come back .

Some years back I got a friend a g33k. The L meter was dead. We called CDFixer and he claimed to have a good substitute part for this fix. Fever

The meter slam is not normal. I had two G22s before getting my G33. Neither of the G22s did it and the 33 didn't do it when I first got it. I'm concerned it may damage the meters so I'm not using it until I have time to fix it.

BK, are you saying that the left meter stopped doing it after cleaning the umbilical plug?

Fever, that gives me a good reason to talk to Jim.

- Pete

The left meter was lazy, not slamming. When I power off the meters go to the right and settle back down to Zero

With zero vol the meter needles go to about a watt then Zero on power off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom