The old quad sings again :)

Mr.San-Man

Just gettin' better
Well after almost 2 months at the repair shop I finally brought the QRX home last night. Feels good to have saved this old tank. So far I have only used the tuner with the front channels but Im going to play some vinyl through it later today with fronts and rears. Looking forward to hearing what she's capable of.
20150125_074428_LLS-1.jpg

YEAH!!!
Is that "normal" to kill the lighting on the 2 ( I assume ) rear meters in 2 ch mode ?

I've got a qrx 7500, which looks similar to yours. When you get all four channels connected, you will be very happy!

I've got a qrx 7500, which looks similar to yours. When you get all four channels connected, you will be very happy!

That's what mine is. Is yours an A model as well? I got it all set up in my living room last night but only temporarily. The layout makes speaker placement less than ideal but by bedtime lastnight I was getting close.

I don't have the A model, but it still sounds sweet, very good channel seperation, especially with Jazz music. Once you start with Quad, you won't want to quit. I just picked up a Fisher 534 quad as a backup for the Sansui, so I'm moving down that road as fast as I can

What a beauty! The plethora of VU meters is way cool. I run a 7070 that I'm very fond of, but would love to get my hands on a monster QRX some day. Have fun!

I don't have the A model, but it still sounds sweet, very good channel seperation, especially with Jazz music. Once you start with Quad, you won't want to quit. I just picked up a Fisher 534 quad as a backup for the Sansui, so I'm moving down that road as fast as I can

Enjoying the experience also. Heck I even enjoy just looking at it. Lol
What a beauty! The plethora of VU meters is way cool. I run a 7070 that I'm very fond of, but would love to get my hands on a monster QRX some day. Have fun!

Thank you. It is a monster too. Bigger than the G9k. I see your from Concord. Thats awesome. My dad and I ran lunch trucks there from the early 70's til about 2010.

Hi looking for some help with sansui 1000x specs .it's incredible shape old school for sure wood box were these any good ? Output power? Really solid

Hi looking for some help with sansui 1000x specs .it's incredible shape old school for sure wood box were these any good ? Output power? Really solid

Sorry I missed your question. I love the one I have. Its one of two going in my garage right now. It pushes 28watts per channel with an 8ohm load.

So finally got this old beast set up in the family room. Been playing it most of the day now. Running some kenwood kl-777s up front and a pair of bic formula 4's in the rear. Not the greatest speakers I know but both recapped and working at their best. Im loving it. I don't have any true 4 channel sources yet but running through QS synthesizer the sound is so so rich and sweet. This is gonna be with me for a long long time.

Back
Top Bottom