integrated amp vs big G receiver??

fish mojo

What would be the sound quality/ musical difference between an integrated amp vs a big G receiver?? If you blind tested A/B on the same speakers in the same room??

I have a G-8700-DB that to me sounds incredible and accurate with power and performance. When you get to that silent break in a song, it is dead silent, then punches right away when it comes back to life. Clean high's and fantastic clear bass response. Great separation of channels.

I read all of these threads about the great integrated's and wonder "how much better" could it be?? If you did a blind test with some classic rock, what band/song would you choose to compare the range and quality of each unit for a fair comparison (I realize there is no correct answer, but suggestions appreciated).

Big Gs' best a lot of other gear regardless of what type of equipment so it would boil down to same league integrated and separates. For me my big G is a Sansui resting point because of a fortunate find with an incredible stack from another brand, and "The Sound of Sansui" resides so well in my big G. My swapping these days is more about enjoying another take on sound than pursuit of better it seems, so expect some good experienced answers from others.

What would be the sound quality/ musical difference between an integrated amp vs a big G receiver?? If you blind tested A/B on the same speakers in the same room?

I have a G-8700-DB that to me sounds incredible and accurate with power and performance. When you get to that silent break in a song, it is dead silent, then punches right away when it comes back to life. Clean high's and fantastic clear bass response. Great separation of channels.

I read all of these threads about the great integrated's and wonder "how much better" could it be??.

IMO, not much. If you jump from one generation of Integrated to a different one of Receivers, it would be more but you will have to make up your own mind on if it's worth it.

My swapping these days is more about enjoying another take on sound than pursuit of better it seems,

Me to. I enjoy my 3 Sansui receivers (9090,9090db and G9000) for different reasons. Interesting how the speaker choice will have me favor one over the other but the bottom line is...I have to enjoy it or it goes buh-bye.

I was raised on receivers in audio schooling but am graduating onto the separates.So far I would say the higher powered quality receivers from this era are no slouches.If anything in my experience the receivers are not quite as sharp sounding more than likely due to aging electronics.

Sounds to me as if your current system has synergy. Replacing a component in a system you really like might not work for you . It would be great if you can audition one in your home or if you could get a loaner from a friend.

Good luck

If you did a blind test with some classic rock, what band/song would you choose to compare the range and quality of each unit for a fair comparison (I realize there is no correct answer, but suggestions appreciated).
I hate to answer my own question, but I was kicked back in a slightly modified state and listened to Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" remastered CD though my system. Wow, that entire CD really pushes the limits on musical range and would be an excellent standard to judge different equipment against each other. Welcome My Friends To The Machine....epic!!

Back
Top Bottom