Sansui G-33000!

The preamp/tuner section works great and the power amp section is at a stand still.
I'm going to have the power amp section completely restored and am deciding if it is worth having the preamp tuner recapped or leave it be as it's working fine.....

Old topic here as the last post is 03-03-2013.Overall, most people say this Sansui is the top of the hill for vintage amps and preamps. Looking at the value of these, the ones I saw sell from $5,500 and up. What is the average "on the street" price? I am looking at one tomorrow. Is it worth every cent everyone says it is? Just need to know how "dedicated and committed" I should be on this particular unit. It powers up, works just fine. Needs a good cleaning and that's it.

It is considered the holy grail of vintage receivers by many. 330 watts per channel. Essentially a pre/power amp instead of a "receiver". You would be hard pressed to lose money buying one.

It is considered the holy grail of vintage receivers by many. 330 watts per channel. Essentially a pre/power amp instead of a "receiver". You would be hard pressed to lose money buying one.

Yeah and the power amp is really impressive by design, it is essentially two completely separate amplifiers on one case, they are totally independent, separate transformers power supplies the lot....
Two mono-blocks, the only Sansui like this (apart from the G22000)......

If it is all present and working, its worth what you are prepared to pay for it, the prices can be high, and if you are happy to part with the cash then its totally worth it.....

I really enjoyed my G22000, very impressive performance.....

I was wandering , why the choose those two models to be so close on power output.
220w, vs 300w, g22 vs g33. I mean they could built a whole series, like g22 g44, g77, which(g77) was planned but never built. It was supposed to be in the 700w per channel area , but never left the planing desk.
Anyway still confused with their choice of 220 and 300w respectively , come on they are less than a single db different , powerwise. Apart from this both are identical.

Anyway still confused with their choice of 220 and 300w respectively , come on they are less than a single db different , powerwise. Apart from this both are identical.

This is why (relatively speaking) the G22000 is a great deal. The major premium for the G33000 is simply for bragging rights.

Back
Top Bottom