power consumption on idle

omerdoe

Omerdoe
Hey all,

Has anyone ever measured the power consumption of a receiver while the speaker selector is set to OFF or without a load (speakers) connected?

I might have a cap problem that forces me to leave the receiver on all the time, otherwise the protection circuit switches on and off periodically.
I want to keep it "warm" all day long but am afraid of the bills :)

Thanks!

i wouldn't be leaving it on all day as it has a problem that could get worse and end up being a short .
best bet it get it repaired

Maybe the DC offset or bias have drifted to the point the protector goes on and off when it cools down.

To adjust.

Hey all,

Has anyone ever measured the power consumption of a receiver while the speaker selector is set to OFF or without a load (speakers) connected?

I might have a cap problem that forces me to leave the receiver on all the time, otherwise the protection circuit switches on and off periodically.
I want to keep it "warm" all day long but am afraid of the bills :)

Thanks!

It will consume a very similar amount of power regardless of the position of the speaker switch.

+1 to the suggestion by petehall347 to get it repaired.

My guess was bias voltage, too.

I have the manual, but I couldn't find the F-2648 board to measure the voltages.
Do you know where it's located on a 6060?

i wouldn't be leaving it on all day as it has a problem that could get worse and end up being a short .
best bet it get it repaired

+1 on this one... if there is something wrong (which clearly there is) whether it be caps or bias issues, you are just gambling with the risk of catastrophic failure that can potentially damage your speakers and do much more significant damage to the receiver itself. Take it out of service and have it serviced... otherwise you are just asking for bigger/more expensive issues...

Back
Top Bottom