Sansui Addiction....is it for life?

I'll only believe when someone chimes in with an 881 and a 5000x :)

I have both the 881 and 5000x in my collection...I have a problem and the first step is admitting it...I love the Sansui sound!!!

Oh and too the OP it was the 2000x that did it for me. I like Klipsch sound as much as the next guy but, have you tried a 2000x with a pair of SP-2500's?

I got hooked at 17 when i bought a ba/ca 2000. Didn't really know alot about sansui other than it looked pretty decent. It wasn't until i compared sansui to other amps such as luxman, technics, harmon kardon and found that the sansui sound justs seems to have something like a presence or soul that other amplifiers didn't have. Ive found them very enjoyable to listen to.

Before heading out to do some errands this morning I check the local CL to see if there's anything interesting. I notice an add for a house clean out, stuff needs to be gone ASAP. I noticed amongst the stuff listed was "Sansui tuner (component not free standing)" plus it was free. So I swing by not knowing what it would be and lo and behold it was a TU-555 tuner. Cool looking little guy, do I need it? no but I could leave there plus it was gratis. Tis a shame I sold my AU-555A awhile back.

I dropped it off at the shop to have it gone over. I'll post pics when I get the little guy back.

Here's some pics of the little orphan, just needed to be cleaned up and the tuning string adjusted. Note the original schematic pouch is still glued to the bottom.

Assembly Line factory # 23
Manufactured 1970 in the month of December (12)
201st one.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN3931.jpg
    DSCN3931.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCN3933.jpg
    DSCN3933.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCN3929.jpg
    DSCN3929.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
I took a chance when I bought my G-7000...I'm hooked harder than a heroine junkie. Everything else just sounds....weird. lol

Actually my addiction for Sansui started from Pioneer. A wonderful Pioneer centrex tossed on road, picked and fixed by me. Oh a free ticket opening the door then I started riding with a no returning ticket. Now I'm obsessed with big Gs. Next probably will go for some Alpha. That's the life, you gotta open your eyes to find and appreciate beautiful things. Sansui is definitely one of them.

Last edited:
I can only imagine what they could be, keep us posted.

Finally! So much thanks to 'Johnny Fever' in helping me to make this happen!!!

Just got the 1980 Sansui "High-Efficiency" thick black jacketed interconnects in the mail today. Brand New in the boxes. And the RCAs are perfect, zero nada corrosion, perfect. (One Pair RCA gold tipped and one pair RCA regular tipped. 1.2M each. $60 total plus shipping.) They match my 2 pair of Sansui "High-Efficiency" 23' speaker cables. Mission Complete!

Also got: 2 each NOS "High-Efficiency" connectors: a '2 to 2' and '2 to 4'. Heavy stuff, really serious gear ($15 each).

I may start a new thread on them so everyone knows that they exist.

Last edited:
My 24 year old daughter 2 years

My daughter grew up hearing sansui, now she is on her 2nd set a 360a and sp1700 speakers , me 40 years and loving it. Ken

Aloha
same same here in Hamburg i got infected by the Sansuivirus when i was 13-15 years young in the midsixties last century so after the virus was sleeping for arround 35 years it breaks out 2 years ago when i went into pension,so im glad about cause its a wonderfull adiction and i dont need no cure at all hahahahaha
im waiting now on the AU-70 in great shape i ordert last week from US.
while waiting i listen to the AU-111 build in 1967 with JBL L50
Sansui forever
cheers
Wally

"Sansui Addiction....is it for life?"

Well, let me put it this way: everytime I tried new amp, I always sub-consciously compare it to my old man's AU-7900, so I guess the answer is a big YES. :yes:

And the addiction continues.....

So I purchased a Sansui 7070 from a fellow AKer today. All I had to do was buy the wife some Winter clothes and she said go ahead! Wow..

I am really looking forward to getting this one hooked up and listening to Robin Trower through some Fortes.

I am hoping next year I can come across an AU 517 or 717 and start a separates collection.

Stay tuned :)

Hi I am new to this site and can not figure out how to post a question on here. Anyhow I thought that you all might know or can help me out. I recently bought a Sansui AU7900 integrated after reading good reviews about it. I probably paid a bit too much for it. It cost me 385 in California. Its specs say that it can send out 75 watts per channel and I am now looking for a pair of speakers to accompany the unit. I have been looking at some Klipsh speakers at Best Buy since I have a card there. The model is Klipsch - Icon Dual 8" 2-Way Floor Speaker that Handles up to 600 watts peak and 150 watts RMS power @ 8 ohms. Since my amp only sends out 75wpc would a speaker like this still be ideal. I was also looking into getting a pair of JBL L100s or Pioneer HPM 100s. Do you think the older speakers would sound better then these new Klipsch speakers?

Hi I am new to this site and can not figure out how to post a question on here. Anyhow I thought that you all might know or can help me out. I recently bought a Sansui AU7900 integrated after reading good reviews about it. I probably paid a bit too much for it. It cost me 385 in California. Its specs say that it can send out 75 watts per channel and I am now looking for a pair of speakers to accompany the unit. I have been looking at some Klipsh speakers at Best Buy since I have a card there. The model is Klipsch - Icon Dual 8" 2-Way Floor Speaker that Handles up to 600 watts peak and 150 watts RMS power @ 8 ohms. Since my amp only sends out 75wpc would a speaker like this still be ideal. I was also looking into getting a pair of JBL L100s or Pioneer HPM 100s. Do you think the older speakers would sound better then these new Klipsch speakers?

When you are viewing a forum - like you did to make the post above, look for a blue oval 'button' on the left that says "New Thread" on it, hit that and you will create a place for your new question.

Welcome to AK!

I sure hope so too! I mean during the holidays I bought myself a set of AU-11000 & TU-9900. :thmbsp:

I have tried many amplifier makes/models and not many come close. I do like some of the 80's NAD's and some older Marantz but I still prefer my Sansui AU-9900's over anything. Hope the AU-11000 is voiced similar.

Last year I even tried a customized tube amp and tube rolled for months but again the 9900 ended up as the winner.

Congratulations Toni. Excellent buy.
Let's see what you have to say about 11000. Tu 9900 , is going to need some care a presume.

Congratulations Toni. Excellent buy.
Let's see what you have to say about 11000. Tu 9900 , is going to need some care a presume.
Thanks. :music:

I should have the TU-9900 next week. Its coming from a reputable vintage hifi shop so in theory it should be perfect like they sold it to me.

My other tuners are Sansui TU-517 and TU-717, Marantz Esotec ST 7 (technically like Marantz 2130) and Akai AT-93 so they are the ones I will be comparing to.

Last edited:
Sorry I still can not figure out how to post a new thread question on audiokarma. Can someone explain this to me again. It should not be this hard for me :(

I've never owned a Sansui. But I keep finding myself drifting into this forum and checking out all your black-faced beauties.

The dark side. I can't stop feeling the pull

Uh oh.....

Back
Top Bottom