Sansui G lamp bulb wizards

SeanSmiller said:
As promised, here's my review on those new replacement dial bulbs from dhenryp , for my Sansui-8700DB.
They just arrived today, including solderless splice connectors, and installation guide. :tresbon:
The bulbs shines nice and brightly, the rubber housing fits perfectly in the brackets, and installation was a breeze, using the enclosed splice connectors.
I don't know if $20, incl postage to Denmark is cheap, or expensive for two replacement bulbs? but i'll tell you, this is the best 20 bucks i've spent for some time, considering the result. :thmbsp:

I'm glad to hear things worked out well.

Denis

Hello out there, I just obtained a 771, different unit I know, but all the bulbs but one were out when I received it. They show 7Vo.3a. I located 8vo.3a from a company called Optech lightbulbs, found online. $1.90 each plus @ 6.00 s/h to cal from the east coast. Mine are the Fuse type. I will post as to my success in a week or so.

771 and 7010/8010 receiver lamps source

Hello out there, I just obtained a 771, different unit I know, but all the bulbs but one were out when I received it. They show 7Vo.3a. I located 8vo.3a from a company called Optech lightbulbs, found online. $1.90 each plus @ 6.00 s/h to cal from the east coast. Mine are the Fuse type. I will post as to my success in a week or so.

EchoWars said:
I'd be leary of using the 7.5V bulbs from RatShack...their rated life is low to begin with, and the voltage applied can vary from unit to unit, with many of them overvolting the 7.5V bulb and shortening its already short life.

dgwojo has 8V 250mA wedge lamps that work great...just a little tricky to solder to. The leads are nichrome or something and solder doesn't want to stick...I strip the wires and wrap them a few times around the bulb leads and then solder, which usually makes a good connection.
Hi Glen,
I now offer them with the wires attached, I found a way to solder them and they work great in these Sui's, Dave. :yes:

8v_Wedge_Lamps_01.jpg

All of my G 9000s have bulbs from dgwojo and I have never had a failure or problem with any of them.
I do change all of them together to maintain ballanced lighting and Dave has been very helpful in all my needs.

Not to say that others won't work or won't work as well but Dave has been there for me every step of the way and provided nothing short of outstanding product and service.

Gary

skippy_ps said:
I have a g-5000 and it only has one lamp for the display - left side I think. There's a bracket on the other side but no wire, no lamp, no nuthin.

Murray

Same for the G-6000.

Paul

Dead Thread - I know, but..

Great info! I just ordered the bulb I need from dgwojo, and with the AK stamp of approval I'm sure I'll not be disappointed. Sticky's work!

Scott

Help-sansui g-5000 both display/meter light sources tested under specs of (8? Volts)

3.0v dc display lights

2.5v dc meter lights

4.5 v ac display lights

4.0 v ac meter lights

FUSES GOOD

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE HELPFUL. I THOUGHT THIS WAS A DC CIRCUIT. I JUST TESTED AT AC TO SEE THE RESULTS....

Help-sansui g-5000 both display/meter light sources tested under specs of (8? Volts)

3.0v dc display lights

2.5v dc meter lights

FUSES GOOD

I am an auto mechanic, not a electronics tech. It just got the rank of garage stereo, which, is where it was headed anyway....

Back
Top Bottom