Changing my name to... Dansui

LexDM3

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I have a flooding problem in my house these days - Sansuis are pouring in! In the last 4 weeks I've picked up:
- A 4000 from the daughter of the original purchaser that will be nice but needs some work
- A QRX-8001 from an AKer in Texas that only cost me shipping but needs significant work (but I'm making good progress and am listening to it right now with F-2624 boards borrowed from my QRX-9001)
- A 7070 and an 8080DB that had been sitting in a pile under a staircase in a guy's house for many years along with a Marantz 2245. All are in semi-rough shape right now but should come out well with some work.

These join the aforementioned QRX-9001, a nice Eight Deluxe I got 4 months ago, an 881 that rolled in 6 months ago with a bad hum and is now hum-free and on loan to a friend, and a Seven that was electrically butchered by someone and probably needs some major work.

Yep, I'm Sansui sick. And I like it! --Dan (or Dansui)

Current-carrying capacity of this fuse?

The 8080DB I got yesterday had an interesting "upgrade" on the power supply board. Check out the aftermarket replacement fuse in F01. It should be a 7A fuse for the AC line. I'm guessing what's in there now might carry a bit more than 7 amps. :no:

The Dim Bulb Tester will get the call when I check this unit out.

Attachments

• 8080DB PS Board w Bolt Fuse.JPG
    8080DB PS Board w Bolt Fuse.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 67
I'm just kidding about changing my AK name but I do think that "Dansui" kinda puts a label on my problem. :grin:

That fuse you have is part of the elusive Sansui half-wave 400amp rectifier with output de-stabilizer option.

Hehehe im jealous, when my 9090 came back my way through the inlaws, they just soldered the wires together on the driver board. But its alive now after a few parts changes..

SR

Hehehe im jealous, when my 9090 came back my way through the inlaws, they just soldered the wires together on the driver board. But its alive now after a few parts changes..
SR

They did about the same rough work as the person who bypassed all four rear panel fuses on the project Seven I picked up a while back. Whoever did it removed the fuse block and cover on the back panel, lost it (I guess), and twisted the wires from each end of the fuse holder together and crudely soldered them together. Fuses? Bah, who needs 'em! Fire can be fun.

Attachments

• gangnam-style-explosion.jpg
    gangnam-style-explosion.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 13
Back
Top Bottom